Hegel Design Flaw?

I recently had an unfortunate experience with a Hegel H20 power amp. And I know of someone who had a problem with a Hegel integrated a couple of years ago. This leads me to believe there may be a hidden design flaw with some Hegel products. Has anyone else had problems with Hegel?
sabai
:

Post #1.

Rlwainwright,

Kindly note that I did not state or infer “conspiracy”. I stated “a rare but possible flaw”. Please read my post carefully. Also, please note that I am not protesting here. My OP is in the form of a simple question — “Hegel Design Flaw?”. And my text simply asks “Has anyone else had problems with Hegel?”

Peter_s,

I have no idea why this is under cables. An error somewhere, obviously. The flaw is one channel producing distorted sound or no sound at all. Kindly note that I did not say or infer a trend. I simply stated “a rare but possible flaw”. Please read my post carefully.

Post #2.

Xti16,

Your point is obvious. But that was not my question.

Post #3.

Xti16,

The surprise was that they refused to stand behind their product — with vehemence. Which led me to believe there may be something going on here.
Without saying what your problem is, nor providing a history of your interaction with Hegel you raise the issue of "design flaw". It's a loaded question and suggests that you could have some hidden agenda at work. Do you?
Onhwy61,

No hidden agenda at all. Just wanting to hear from folks about any similar problems.

Sorry it was not posted -- I stated the problem in an earlier post that was deleted. The problem was one channel producing distorted sound or no sound at all. Hegel first hung up on me calling my case "bulls**t". Then they agreed to talk to me to try to help "in whatever way we can". But after 45 minutes on the phone with their customer service manager they refused to help -- in any way.

I was astounded by Hegel's response. I have never had such an experience with any other audio company. In all the years of dealing with dozens of audio companies I have been thorough only one similar case. This was years ago with an AMR DAC. They finally admitted there were 2 design flaws and they stood behind their product 100%.
Onhwy61,

With all due respect, I don't feel my question is loaded. It is simply a query.

I have a follow-up question. Has anyone had any experience dealing with Hegel customer service?
I'm with Peter S. I thought this thread had been deleted, and now I see that, unfortunately, it's still "alive." The title of the thread is simply begging the question.

FWIW, a friend of mine has had a number of Hegel integrated amps and has nothing but rave reviews of their products AND customer service.