looking for a new cd player........

I Currently have and love the rotel sound (975) I brought a nad 545bee then the nad 565bee for my wife's system, not bad. we currently have the cj pv 10 with the cj 2300a and alon II's speakers and I have the pv 12, 2500a, and alon IV's.... im looking for something with good tight bass control, sound stage, dynamics and detail. had a Cambridge cd player, but got rid of it,to mechanical...havnt really heard anything in a while. nothing to expensive. what ever you can suggest would be fine, thank you...
kennesawjet
Zd1542-There are some nice sounding Sony ES units from the mid 90's - early 2000's too many models(to long ago) for me to be specific. With a budget of $500 the options for a true hi-end player are very limited. I have NOT heard the Rotel 1072 it might just be the best budget option?
"I have NOT heard the Rotel 1072 it might just be the best budget option?"

I don't like to say anything is the best given we all have different taste's. In this price range, the 1072 would be my first choice.
All-

excellent suggestions here. The NAD 565BEE is an excellent spinner as well as the Rotel 1072 and any Sony ES.
Too many choices, you cannot go wrong. Keep me posted & Happy Listening!