Esoteric K-03 X - mechanical problems w tray

...just bought a brand new Esoteric K-03X player and have only 14 hours on it and the tray is jammed and the disc is stuck inside. Real nice for this price .....you will see I had the Esoteric P-05 and the D-05 for almost 8 years which I sold here on Audiogon and NEVER had one problem with those pieces. I think I read where others owners were having the same issue...if this is the case not a happy owner. Not to mention the box weighs almost 100 lbs and who is going to pay for shipping and the hassle of boxing it etc. After 40 years with this hobby .....more of a headache anymore than fun !
garebear
"08-18-15: Denon1
When one pay about 10-15 grand for a cd player, it should not have any noise. My first K-05 had noise that was heard from 12 feet."

I'm not talking about a defect. Some transports make more noise than others. The Teac unit that Wadia put in the 850 wasn't silent. You could hear it opening and closing the tray. But all the 850's sounded exactly like that. My 861 and 861SE are both silent. My 302 can be heard loading, but the 301 and 830, both predecessors, were both silent. That's just how it is.
.......it jammed once again after 20-25 hours of play. So it as NOT me and now the fun will begin as I want a new player ! Still no call from Esoteric ...let's see how they handle this going forward
Garebear, just contact Anthony, he should take care of this.
I totally agree with you, especially since you bought whole esoteric system, they should send you a new player. Btw how esoteric A-03 amp sounds with matching C-03 ore-amp?
Denon - the A-03 is a 50 watt pure class A design and it is sweet ....and also a beast at 85 lbs and does run very hot. My power company loves me now The C-03 is very nuetral and matches very well with the A-03