Vandy quatro vs Vandy 5’s

I have a question, right now on a’gon are a used pair of quatros for $4700 and a used pair of vandy 5’s for $5400. Would you say the extra $700 for the 5’s would be worth it? How would you describe the difference in sound between the two? Thanks.

Joe in Mobile
magsterone
Like the Quattros are way easier to service or they are way more reliable vs the 5s...what is the point?

The Quattro is plenty big and heavy and since several drivers and the bass amps are variations of same production...you are down the same road for the most part.

TD
Samhar I know you had 3 a sigs and 2 Wqs
but you mentioned you were never able to run your Aesthetix pre amp in balanced mode
which is at its best in balanced dif XLR and also never had Quicksilver v4s in a balanced differential version.
This combination makes for a huge difference with any speaker let alone a high passed bi amped pair You were going thru 2 phase inverters or a more complected circuit. sorry you had no guidance at the time with this.
Best Johnnyr
TD,

Well then, I'm making the same point if the Quattro ever had to be serviced. It IS something to think about for the future if either were purchased.

Happy now?
service is identical and with both models
modular construction easy to service
Best Johnnyr
Jonnyr
Your point is?????
5's are as good or better than Sophia 1's?????
I didn't hear what the 3A Sigs and 2Wq's were capable of ?????
The 5's are much better than the combo I had?????

Your a dealer and must defend a product you carry!!!!!!????
You're still pissed off because I suggested an Ear pre over an Aesthetix Calypso to someone ????

I never said the 5's weren't any good I just think the Sophia 1's are a choice to consider at that price especially if someone likes dynamics and inner detail!!!