Magnepan 1.7 or used Totem Forest

Which one do you think would sound better for acoustic jazz? For other music overall which one would you prefer? And why? My budget is around $2000. That's why I say used Forest instead of new. Thanks.
128x128elb
To Hifiharv: Yep, Maggies can sound downright amazing with less power than people think. And tubes? Yes. But....the newer Maggies are actually EASIER than the old ones to drive and make sound great in a real room. You don't need to measure every inch at ALL I have found. Just do a decent job of placing them and voila...fantastic music.
Sorry about the double post! How do y'all think my Quicksilver V4 tube monoblocks (120 plus per side) would sound with them. I talked to Mike at Quicksilver and he wasn't so sure that it would be a great match because of the Maggies needing so much power. He said that if I already have speakers that I like, to audition them at home with my system to compare and be sure. I'm not sure that I would be able to do that, though. Has anybody heard the 1.7's or 1.6's with Quicksilver amps?
My room is totally dedicated as my two channel listening room, so I can set them up however I need to. It is 15.5ft by13.5ft. Ceilings are normal height, around 8 to 9ft. My other equipment and wires are all very good quality and very revealing.
Thank you for all of your great posts and time with this.
What is going on with me is that I was just laid off. I'm thinking about down sizing my speakers to get some extra cash and still be able to buy a lesser priced speaker. My current speakers are Von Schwiekert VR4jr Mark 3's which there aren't to many of. They are awsome speakers! My wife doesn't want me to do this because she doesn't want to hear me complain about not having them anymore. I've always wondered how Magnepan or Totem would sound in my system. Right now I have the wow effect with what I have. So if I get something else, I'm still looking for the wow effect.
Right now I have great imaging, so I wonder about what one poster said that the Maggie's imaging can sound a little bit more difuse than the Totems. Thanks again!
Elb - if you're wondering how Totems or Maggies would sound in your system, one option is to buy used. There are several 1.6QRs available on Audiogon right now and a number of Totems, also.

If you buy with a bit of investigation and a level head, you can audition the equipment at your leisure and then resell it for about what you paid.

You can answer for yourself all of the questions about imaging, volume, bass, interaction with your specific room and so on you may have.
As others have commented used magnepans is a option if you just wanted to try them out. But be carful when you buy magnepans used. Delimitation of the "coil" from the mylar is a very real issue and petty common. As an engineer in the polymer field I can tell you it is climate/time related. Keep them dry, cold damp basements will be an early death, and also keep them out of direct sunlight.

The "ribbon" on the 1.7 might help them last longer than the 1.6 because of the increased surface area to glue the coil to the mylar.