Speaker cabinet made of real wood

Hello guys,

What speakers, any brand/model have real wood cabinets versus having a veneer or vinyl finish. I believe that certain Proac Super Tablette and Response 2 speakers did.
sympaticonorm
>06-08-10: Tonywinsc
The density of the cabinet walls is key to minimizing vibrations of the speaker cabinet.

Denser cabinet walls won't do much; they need to be stiffer. With only a 3:1 difference in stiffness between MDF and hardwood you're going to do a lot better there through bracing.

Bracing is the key to minimizing vibrations.

Beam stiffness is proportional to the cube of thickness. A single 1 3/4" deep x 3/4" wide hardwood brace is stiffer than a 3/4" thick panel that's a foot wide.

You're better off gluing a single 1x4 piece of Douglas fir on than making a panel out of hardwood.

Stiffness is also inversely proportional to the cube of the span.
Layered wood construction on Sonus Faber. Like a ply but with thin layers of maple built up. Solid wood for me only in nacelles and baffles and even then best to use small parts glued together or over ply since solid woods not dimensionally stable with time. It splits, cracks, warps, twists, shrinks and swells.
My Sonus Faber Guarneri Hommage's are IMHO the way a good wood speaker should be made.
Not done that much these days, probably too time consuming and expensive.