Klipschorn Imaging

I have a pair of 1980s klipschorn for about a year. I have not heard anything sound this large or so dynamic, but for about a couple of months I have been trying to get them to image well and I am failing.
I have Onkyo TX SR806 (I have some HDMI sources) with pre amp out to MiniWatt 2.5 watt tube amplifier.
One is in the corner flush while the other has wall only on one side (no chance of getting a wall there and false corner likely will look bad).
I have tried using Sonic Impact T amp and that did not provide any imaging either.
The room is 25 ft by 25 ft with the speakers about 10 ft apart.
Is this just the nature of the speaker or has anyone been able to achive good holographic imaging?
Thank you for your inputs.
blueacara
Honestly, you sound like you are where I was in the late 80's. If you are a serious audiophile, I suggest you develop a comprehensive plan. Start by auditioning any and all the components you might consider. 3D imaging require all components functioning as one. This is what audiophiles strive for, and it does not come easy.
Blueacara, I find it hard to believe your Onkyo receive has a high noise floor and sounds brittle. What is your source and cables?
I have owned several pairs of Klipsch over the years including Khorns, Belles, Cornwalls (stiill have a pair), Heresy. My dad had stores on the west coast and was a Klipsch dealer. That said, I love the sound of a nice set of K-horns, there is nothing like them. Yet, I could never get them to paint a sonic picture like todays imaging champs. I can play the Cornwalls and get the nightclub sound but I can't get the speakers to disappear or to float the images of the vocalist or soloist.

Klipsch corner horns are very dependent on room geometry. You can wind up with a sonic gap due to room width. That's the beauty of smaller monitor type
speakers, you can place them where needed for best sound, you are limited to the corners with the K-horn.

If you are looking for image quality, tonal purity, proper soundstage you may need to look at other solutions. Having two sets of speakers for different needs works out well for me. However I play my Merlins 95% of the time.

By the way Klipsch published a notebook titled "Audio Papers, Paul W. Klipsch". The notebook does address your very question and offers solutions.

Good Luck!