My $99.00 System

This is probably only my second thread in 5 years. I
did not have an audio system after my lovely divorce. The usual, "she gets the house and I get the cats" experience. The EX has ALL the good stuff....Avalons, Spectral, what a waste....... After I got re-married last year, my new wife had a pair of Infinite Slope 2A speakers. I had a left over Rega Planet. And proceeded to purchase a Sherwood 100 Integrated ( do not remember the model) with some old Monster 8 gauge cables that were with the speakers. Total cost $99.00 for the Sherwood. In a couple of words, not as bad as you would think. It is musical to a certain extent. Of course, I have a great room that is 20' x 30' which helps with set-up using the rule of 1/3, with about 7 feet from the back wall. A little bright and a little beamy for the highs, a loss of pitch definition at the lows, but the all important mids....not bad at all. So does anyone else have a sort of $99.00 system to get by with? BTW, I had a great divorce lawyer, she had an even better one.
shubertmaniac
Garage sale Harman Kardon 830? receiver with small Infinity speaks for about that. Later added Toshiba discman.
My buddy Joe has you beat, he is a garage sale junkie. Has a NAD CDP for $5.00, SS power amp 200 wpc for $10, speakers with sub for $10 and an old Sherwood receiver with preamp out for $2.00. Best $27 ever spent!
well I have a Yamaha 420 receiver - $35; Realistic Minimus 7's - $20; Sony Playstation 1 - $20; Alpha Core MicroPurl IC's $20; 12 gauge "lamp cord" speaker cable - $5

I am JUST over at $100 but all in all a nice office system

Jeff