I think I've made up my mind

After having auditioned the following :

1. Avantgarde Uno G2 + Audio Note SET amp/Pathos Twin Towers integrated amp
2. Magico V2 + Soulution 720 pre + 710 power amps
3. Sonus Faber Elipsa/Wilson Sasha + ARC Ref 3 + Ref 110
4. Thiel CS3.7 + Parasound JC1 pre + JC2 power amps

...and after weighing all factors like room interaction, degree of difficulty of setting-up, value for money, magazine reviews, and comments posted here and AVguide.com....

...the winner is: Thiel CS3.7 + Parasound JC1/JC2!

Now for the cables. MF and JA of Stereophile noted that the specs of Parasound show ultra-wide bandwidth and high-current capability which reminds me of Spectral amps. Therefore, would MIT Magnum MA speaker cables and interconnects be a good match? Anyone has any other suggestion? Thanks.
jtein
Rrog: > My point is; what's at the end of the speaker cable?

The missing output inductor, with a value that compensates precisely the length of the cable purchased that carries its own RLC characteristic values. In the end, they limit the bandwidth of the amplifier to 800kHz (-3dB) and they optimize all electrical characteristics from the input cables to the tip of the speaker cables.

Spectral could have easily incorporated bandwidth limiting in their amplifiers and allowed the use of other cables. So, what do you think the reason is for the MIT speaker cable requirement? Could it be money from MIT for telling their customers they have to use MIT speaker cables? They are also telling you to use MIT interconnects.

This is an example of where highend audio has gone wrong.

Don't get me wrong. Spectral makes very fine equipment. I just don't agree their philosophy on some things.
Rrog: > Spectral could have easily incorporated bandwidth limiting in their amplifiers and allowed the use of other cables.

NO. Per my previous response, the inductor in the cable box optimizes the electrical RLC characteristics of the LENGTH PURCHASED. No fixed inductor in the amplifier would ever achieve perfect matching with any but one cable of a one particular length.

They like to optimize the entire chain, it's as simple as that. Same goes for the interconnects. If you don't like, don't buy their products.

Rrog: > This is an example of where highend audio has gone wrong.

I think this is where your analysis falls flat.

Ok, tell me how this benefits you in your system and what the advantage is over other amplifiers.
Great choice Jtein. I love those speakers.

BTW - What country are u located in. I have been reading your posts and see that you have travelled great distances to audition different systems.