Ohm Walsh vs. Mirage OMD 28

I'd love to hear any opinions/comparisons between some higher end Ohm Walsh models and Mirage 28...Especially regarding their soundstaging abilities...thank you all
branislav
I took off the jumpers right away...I'm using one biwire and one regular speaker wire (MIT CVT Terminator)...
Well folks, Mirage finally brought a smile to my face and i guess thats about the best compliment you can give a speaker (or equipment). Process of breaking in might be painful sometimes but all the more rewarding afterwards. The soundstage opened up, thanks to me moving them around too, and resolution has gotten considerably better. Boy, do these have bass? Hyperions were no slouch in that dept. and go as deep, but as far as sheer amount of bass, Mirages win. Detail retrieval is on the same level as Hyperions, though most of the images dont have as much precision as I reached with Hyperions, just like it is to be expected. I find them overall a very pleasant speaker to listen to. I'm sure they would benefit from a little more power, an amp with a cool nature might be a perfect fit for these.
I just have to figure out how to fix the fact that the image is being pulled to the left side a bit due to the surrounding behind the speakers. One corner is a regular one, the other opens up the the staircase. Is there anybody out there who actually doesn't sit in the middle between the speakers?
Try toeing in the right speaker for more direct exposure at your listening position to move the image to the right? Or, if both toed in already equally toe-out the left speaker.

Sometimes a balance control can come in handy!
03-12-10: Branislav
Well folks, Mirage finally brought a smile to my face and i guess thats about the best compliment you can give a speaker (or equipment). Process of breaking in might be painful sometimes but all the more rewarding afterwards. The soundstage opened up, thanks to me moving them around too, and resolution has gotten considerably better.
That's why I was so enthusiastic about recommending them. Some speakers sound actively irritating out of the box until they settle in and reach their intended tonal balance (e.g., Totem). Mirages aren't like that. Out of the box the tonal balance is OK but the thrill factor is meh.

Give them 100-200 hours, though, and the low level resolution starts coming in. Pretty soon you start hearing things that you might not have noticed before. In my case, I particularly noticed the richness and detail of subtle vocal harmonies and call-responses between two or more groups of vocalists. I don't think the Mirages' improvement in resolution and detail let up for about six months. You will love these speakers even more as the months go by.

My opinion: They put a smile on your face because the tonal balance is very natural and the dispersion energizes the room like live music. They have a natural presentation that makes you forget about speakers and simply enjoy the music.

To get a better L-R balance, you might try either some sound absorption behind the speaker that has solid walls behind it or putting something reflective near the other speaker.