Wilson Sasha's - All evolution in Wilsons are.....

Very much like a revolution in long runs. I heard them in several places and highly tweeked rooms. SUPERB!!!!
I am a pround owner of the Sophia's Mk2 and I still envy the Sasha's very much every single time.

A true step up for Wilson, much more forgiving than the Puppy 8's. Now it pretty much works with every credible amplifier out there. Great looks, Wilson built quality as usual without question and stunning sound. Setup and everything else is the same, a real pain in the A** to get them right :)

"A" Plus for Wilson.
rapogee
Tpreaves,
You are funny. LOL, "Trash receptacle in a high school cafeteria" Anyway, I have never owned any Wilson speakers. I do think they should be decent sounding given the price they are asking.
Wow I am truly amazed at some of the opinions, but I guess that’s what makes us all different. I trust a Bugatti Veyron will look like a larger trash disposal unit to some. The price of these things are not cheap by all means but it’s actually less compared to its predecessor the Puppy 8's and that is usually not a common occurance in this industry. Prices of newer replacement models usually go up.
Regarding wife’s, that’s a funny thing since my wife don’t ask me about my speakers unless they sound horrible and I don’t ask them about their designer handbags since they successfully carry funds either way.

Anyways I still think they look fantastic!
Thanks for the interesting responses.
Rapogee,

I've had Sophia 1s for a little over 4 years now. I love them, but I am thinking about replacing them with the Sashas.

I have listened to the Sasha's a few times at my dealer's store. I have heard them with Ayre MXRs, big Krell mono blocks and one of the more modestly priced tube Mac mono blocks.

I have not been very favorably impressed. But the room the dealer has them in small and the dealer says that they don't breathe well in that room.

Can you describe what you heard with them and what equipment was being used with them.

Thanks,

Ed
The room was big and lost and lots of air for breathing. I find the Sophia's can benifit a great deal with this as well compared to my smaller listening room. Krell FPB 600 / Audio Research Monos at long listening sessions some shorter demos which was difficult to say but still impressive, Full BAT system and Audio Research System in those condition. All very positive impressions even at a first glance. They do sound closer to the Sophia's "style" compared to the original Puppy 8's but only in a steroid version. They go much lower and much more air on the very top end compared to the Sophia's. Compared to the original Puppys... much more balanced IMO. Faster sound in the bottom end with better control. I still like these things with transistors, they sound wonderful with the bigger Krells. Those Puppy 8 owners will notice a difference in the mids for sure, that was one of the reasons why I went with the Sophias compared to the older Puppy 8's. The only thing that I was going to say about the original Puppys that I would like to tweek if possible but looks like Wilson took care of that in this new design.

They sound and look just astonishing. The built quality that I have inspected inch by inch is just something you have to experience. Even the size compared to its predecessor is vast. Another thing to add is I have listen to both analog and digital front ends and this one is a real thrill with digital sources as well. Some who have said in the past about the original Puppys being bright, brittle or forward sounding to some point on the very top end of the spectrum.... go give this a good listen from a reputable Wilson dealer and you be the judge.
I like this pair very much.
One of my friends in Louisville has gotten a pair but not yet delivered. He is going to use Mac solid state. From the HIFICRITIC review, a vary favorable one, they are a bear to drive, they also ended up using the Krell 600.