Full Range Drivers

I was wondering who has heard them and if so, what is or was your take on them compared to full range speakers.
donjr
Great point, Paul. Of course, there are wideband drivers w/o whizzer cones, too. Like the Fostex FE-E Sigma range in C&C speakers(I own IM-Bens). But, as you say, there is always some limitation to every driver and design.

I'm in the planning phase of my next big system change, it's looking like large Apogee ribbons or line arrays. But, I still really love widerange speakers for jazz and vocals.
"But, I still really love widerange speakers for jazz and vocals."

That's why I'm interested in them. (jazz & vocals) That's what I love the most, but I have to throw percussion in there as well. I'm not talking about Keith Moon style percussion. I prefer the stuff like bongos and beating on a coconut with a stick.
If jazz and vocals are your thing, then a widerange driver system is really gonna float your boat. If the Super-12 ends up being the one, shoot me an email and I'll cut you a great deal on the unused kit I have(w/ upgraded tweeters)
there is a nice pair of cardersound ninas listed in the classifieds. look at that, i have them, and supplemented witha dayton sub they are the system that thrills me the most. multiple other systems (acoustic zen, linn aktiv, totem)
Darkmoebius, does your kit have the Fostex Bullet Tweeter? What does putting that kit together entail?