ASR Emitter 1 , Does can drive B&W 802d ?

Hi
I want try B&W 802d with ASR Emitter 1 but i'm not sure ,
can it drive the 802 ? some says, it would can, but i heard
it with manger 107 that it is 200w in 4 Ohm & it almost drive it but near the maximum out put! & can it drive 802
500w in 8 Ohm & 90db ?
i need your experience thanks a lot
Mehrdad
mehrdad
Hi Ps68
what do you think about ASR bass softness that i said ?
i don't think that it was from ASR !
it's hard to belive that ASR could't have clear precise bass !
what is your experience whith Emitter II?
Thanks
Dylanhenry,

Your comments regarding the differences in character between the two speaker models in question clearly displays incorrect ancillaries and set up. I do spend time with both models, admittedly in different rooms. The Spire is a truly convincing design, the sweet spot that you refer to is for one listener, as with most esl's, and also many dynamic designs. This is no a design fault, but an indication of the complexity of human hearing. The bass integration is no issue, ML have worked very hard for many years to get this right. With the B&W, this is a design i want to love so much, as it combines many of my own ideals. I have been trying to extract the same level of conviction from a pair of 802's with various electronics, but so far have not achieved this. Hearing them at B&W's factory with Classe amps was good, but not great.

I have also not suggested that Mehrdad try panels, i only suggest that there are better options for the Emitter to drive. Your demo sounds like a very poor set-up, as your comments are not reflective of the products capability.

Merhdad,

I have spent little time with Emitter 1, and considerable time with Emitter 2. I dont imagine the 1 to have soft bass. I have a colleague that uses Manger speakers, with Emitter 1 and 2, he is uk distributor for both brands, i can put your concerns to him, and will reply asap.

The Emitter 2 has very well controlled bass, very deep, even with my Spire's, it will shake my room, but always with a tight grip. The Emitter 2 is simply the best amplifier i have heard, there are others that do work incredibly well, but are double the cost. The best input is single ended into the Direct input socket.

Please let us know how you get on?

Regards,
Ps.
Dylanhenry,
Quote you have previously made yourself:

People's taste differ, but certainly anyone that introduces into the conversation terms such as "crazy" and "joke" knows little about speakers and even less about expressing themselves.

Now, back to Merhdad's questions..

Best Regards,
Ps.
Ps68,

You are correct in a way where setup and ancillaries male a difference. Perhaps you have not had the pleasure of listening to these speakers exactly measured in a dedicated room woth first rate electronics. I state this overlooked fact from my responses, I have had B&W 802's with tubes and B&W800's, still do, with tubes and the system sounds glorious. I have demoed custom built amps, ML33H's, ASR's (amps and phono), big giant Krells's, various Avalon speakers, MBL101's, Wilson Watt Puppy 7's, and a host of other electronics. But at end of the day, it was the tubes and 800's that sounded the best to me. I know from my own experience and base my statements about those experiences, I am sure there are plenty of speakers out there that initially might sound better because they were setup properly or had the best synergy from the other electronics. Lets be honest here, how many people "Really" get to here electronics or speakers at home to make an informed decision based on their own room and setup? Not that many and of those that do, how many really have the sepakers setup properly to conduct a proper audition. It is not impossible, but it takes time, lots of time.

The OP will find that out when he attempts to demo at home. The speakers that stand out in the shop, might not be the best ones at home, and you are correct about it all being about personal taste, but in addition, the amount of synergy that all of the combined components bring to the table is what the listener is going to focus one.

Bottom line, YES, the ASR can drive the B&W802d's and easily, the same thing can be said about the electronics, there are better electronics from my perspective at the same price point.

Ciao,
Audioquest4life
thanks for all answers
I suddenly went to a trip to see one of my friend , when i found that he got ASR emitter 1 to try with willson
Maxx4 recently !
he wants to go for emitter 2 but emitter 1 easy drived Maxx !
you were completely right , emitter with maxx , manger107& 109 treats in same way with almost same volume !

i write moor when will try it soon
Good luck