Zu Essence vs B&W

I am looking to upgrade from Klipsch RF-7s to Zu Essence but would also like to consider B&W. Any thoughts on how the Essence compare to 803s or even 803d? I listen to mainly rock and singer song writer (Avett Brothers, Bealtes, David Gray, Floyd, Stones)
macallan7
i guess I want to know which one would be better suited for my taste in music, I don't care about the technology involved. I want a larger soundstage and a more immerse sound than my Klipsch with a smoother more present mid-range.
I don't listen to the kind of music you do however I think the Essence should be on your list. My concern and reason I sold them was with the lack of mid intimacy coupled with the ribbon being a little on the hard side.

I do listen to Floyd and for that, you want to look at speakers that go less than 30 Hz otherwise too much of the music is cut out. I had fun listening to Pink Floyd on the Essence but they lacked in too many other areas for me.
As Bombay notes above, these are very different spkrs. As a matter of fact, IMO of the three mentioned Klipsch would be the best spkrs for the music you listen to... just go for a different model.

The B&W you'll have trouble driving & getting used to. The Zu will be strange light & detailed, but less heavy in the bass.
11-05-09: Macallan7
i guess I want to know which one would be better suited for my taste in music, I don't care about the technology involved.
The problem with your line of reasoning is that the technology used to make a speaker has a distinct effect on its reproduced sound. The technology used in making the drivers has an effect on sound. You can't simply isolate the technology from the speaker & make a worthy decision! IMHO, you'll have to get your hands dirty in this aspect (of understanding the impact of technology on sound) if you want to accomplish your goals.

11-05-09: Macallan7
......I want a larger soundstage......
Now, this requires much more than merely switching speakers!
It's like your telling me that you will go out & buy all Stereophile class A category equipment & you will have THE best 2-ch system compared to anybody else. Not true!
It requires skill to coax the best out of your electronics & speakers. Merely buying electronics & speakers & plunking it in your room does not get your wider soundstage, smoother midrange & more immersion into the music! Once again, you'll need to roll-up your sleeves & tweak your system within your home environment.

Who knows, the system you have right now might be able to provide you with what you are looking for? Have you tried to coax the best out of your system? That would have meant trying different amplifiers, diff CD players, different preamps, diff cables, looking into your AC power quality, isolation, etc.
Macallen7, I looked back at a couple of your previous posts and think you need to get out and listen some more. What speakers have you heard and what are your impressions?

I don't think you will find the best answer here on your computer screen. Good starting point sure, but it seems to me that you are looking for more than that.