Is difference between B&W 802D & 800D worth price?

First time poster. I currently have McIntosh 501 monoblocks, 1 TB music server with Squeezebox Duet and Benchmark DAC1 PRE, and B&W 803 matrix speakers. The server set up and Macs are recent additions and next will be new speakers. I must say, however, that the 803s sound much better with my new gear. I previously had the Adcom 555 Mark II and the Adcom CD changer.

The speakers under consideration are the B&W 800D and 802D. (I love the 801s but they score low on spousal approval. I temporarily have a set of borrowed 801 series 3 at home now and they are simply wonderful.)

Has anyone out there compared the 802D and 800D in their listening room and if so, what were your thoughts? I am several months away from making a purchase and want to make a good decision. Thanks!
joeswest
Shhhhhh. Leave the 801's in place and let the wife get used to the look. And if all else fails, tell her they "they make her B#tt look small"! Just kidding, don't get mad. Get her to spend some time in front of them and put on her favorite music.

Great amps by the way. I am sure you noticed a big difference over the Adcoms.
A buddy of mine has the Mac 501's with the 801's and they are absolutely SPECTACULAR!! I bought the Mac's for my Maggies and they were a terrible match. I switched with him, he had Bel Canto Ref 1000's at the time, and we were both very happy. The Bel Cantos (since switched out in my system) sounded much better with my Maggies than with his B & W's and the Mac, as stated were a match made in heaven with his speakers. Get the 801's great speakers. BIG SOUND.
i had owned both. i have acually owned most of the 800 series including ths signitures. my wife loved the 800d's looks and they definitely are worth the cost diferense. i ran them with krell and was very happy. believe for the price they are tough to beat.