Is difference between B&W 802D & 800D worth price?

First time poster. I currently have McIntosh 501 monoblocks, 1 TB music server with Squeezebox Duet and Benchmark DAC1 PRE, and B&W 803 matrix speakers. The server set up and Macs are recent additions and next will be new speakers. I must say, however, that the 803s sound much better with my new gear. I previously had the Adcom 555 Mark II and the Adcom CD changer.

The speakers under consideration are the B&W 800D and 802D. (I love the 801s but they score low on spousal approval. I temporarily have a set of borrowed 801 series 3 at home now and they are simply wonderful.)

Has anyone out there compared the 802D and 800D in their listening room and if so, what were your thoughts? I am several months away from making a purchase and want to make a good decision. Thanks!
joeswest

Showing 1 response by theo

Shhhhhh. Leave the 801's in place and let the wife get used to the look. And if all else fails, tell her they "they make her B#tt look small"! Just kidding, don't get mad. Get her to spend some time in front of them and put on her favorite music.

Great amps by the way. I am sure you noticed a big difference over the Adcoms.