Heavy Speakers with Spikes on a Concrete Floor

Looking through the current Mapleshade flyer, the flyer states that speakers sitting on a concrete floor will have boomy bass and treble that is muted.
Their suggestion is to buy their 4” thick Maple with 3” spikes platforms and place them under the speakers.

Now, forget for now the price of these platforms. Is their value to this claim?
If there is a value, I would think that instead of steel spikes, speaker manufactures would make a Maple speaker type footer. Wouldn’t that make more sense?

And secondly, how would I be able to place a 215 lb speaker with large spikes onto this platform?
128x128ozzy
I have a ceramic tile floor and I use carriage bolts, with the convex side to the floor, to great effect. My speakers are VSA SR IV's, at about 140 pounds each. Less than $5 at Home Depot. The bolts that is ;-)
Thanks for the replies. Yes the concrete floor is carpeted but no padding.
I own the Andra 2 speakers. They have some pretty substantial steel spikes that lift the speaker about 3 inches from the floor.
I also have some custom made brass Audio points for them, but I think the spikes that came with them work the best.

Still, I wonder if there is any reason to think that the speakers would sound better on a Maple platform.

Has anyone tried this?
Yes, I did. Pierre is a friend of mine and often has good ideas but this is not one of them. I tried one of his large $600 platforms that tilted the speaker upward and sat almost on the floor. Sounded VERY strange. I sold it to someone else who mounted floor standing speakers on it, not using the tilt feature. He had it for sale on Audiogon in a short time. I like the way my speakers sound on concrete [with thin rug]. I can't imagine how it would produce the kind of sound he describes. I had some boomy bass with WAY too much treble, but that was room reflection problems I cured with Ready Acoustics panels. I have had very good luck with Star Sound Audio Points but if what you have is working leave it alone.
Here is the exact statements fron the flyer.

" If your system is on a carpet (or tile) over concrete floor, you must cure the huge degrading effect of the concrete on the sound of your speakers. Concrete weakens and enormously muddies the bass while rolling off and harshening the treble."
" Equally toxic to good speaker sound are modern "engineered" wood floors, particularly floating floors that rest on rubberery insulating sheets. Carpet over concrete or plywood just woresens the situation."

Based on these statements it would seem nothing is good. (except of course their maple platforms.)

So, I was wondering if placing Cardas Myrtle blocks under the speaker spikes might at least give me a hint if there is any creedence to these claims.
Maple is in effect telling you to decouple the speakers from the floor. Their are many materials that could do that, at much less expense. The issue is do the speakers you have benefit from one method vs. the other. Only trying it out will tell you. The key here is always remembering you hear the speakers/room, not just the speakers. Do some room analysis to 'see' how flat the room is.