How loud do you like to play your music?

Instead of guessing from random comments. I thought a census of listening levels from members would be useful. feel free to mention a range.
My lowest listenable level is 80 db my favorite is 90 to 95 the loudest is 100 or just give your single preferred volume. The numbers above are my actual preferences.
If you do not have or used an SPL meter, just say Hi, Medium or low but try give us a reference point of some kind if possible.
Extraneous info is welcome. For example in my book shelf system it's... but in my main rig it's... Thanks
mechans
I find I need a minimum of 80db but prefer between 85 and 90.

I always use a SPL meter as I don't want to damage my ears more than they already have been and find it too easy for the volume to creep upwards (as I adjust for different music selections). Every once in a while I re-adjust to just over 80db (which can sound quiet if the volume has crept up).
Hey wait a minute Gawdbless. Utterly useless buzzes & beeps in your car? What, no more chauffeur?

BTW, dB meters don't measure to the ten millionth.
My volume is set at specific level, i never ( except in few cases where recordings are low volume) touch it and is tuned for both CD and analog playbacks.

With this set up my volume/peaks varies between 75-85 db. You could say average is around 78 db!

for occasional high spirit listening sessions i crank it up a bit to may be around average of 85 dbs, peaks to 90 db- Solo Piano's and dance/rock music sounds much more believable at this level
BTW, I listen near field- about 6-7 ft from my big speakers!

Detlof, gotta get the new IPhone as my vintage iPhone does not have a built in SPL meter. Or did you buy an ap for that?
Nilthepill said

"09-11-09: Nilthepill
My volume is set at specific level, i never ( except in few cases where recordings are low volume) touch it and is tuned for both CD and analog playbacks."

I think the good Dr. Mechans will have a new prescription for you. Thankfully your name is NilthePILL.

Dr Mechans has diagnosed me as obsessive compulsive for doing exactly as you say. There is help.

05-22-07: Mechans
"Acoustat- If that diatribe wasn't toungue in cheek. I recommend you get the DSM IV out and look up obsessive compulsive disorder. Easier do a search on line . Help is available."

05-22-07: Mechans
"If you are a nurse then you have what is known as poor insight technically. The behavior you describe is absolutely obssesive and if you can only listen that way it is a compulsion. I say this with some degree of confidence My wife and I are seasoned MDs and she just so happens to be the Chair of a Psych Dept. I can say only this -after 14 years of her describing various cases every night no names all HIPPA o.K. and that I myself was good in Psychiatry got Honors etc blew the boards through the roof etc. - typical MD narcisiscm.
Please don't impose more insanity of ridgid inflexible behavior as the single and only correct way. Anyone who deviates from this single correct manner is not a person who appreciates music as audiophile ."

Crank it up! Its good for your mental health

Bob