Anybody heard/bought Usher Mini Dancer 1 or 2

Looks like after dropping larger series 6 speakers that Usher has added more pricey Mini Dancer 1 ($3700) and 2 ($4800) the latter being a bit bigger and MTM design.Seems to make sense for those without cash or room for larger Dancers but building on reviews and sales of BE 718 monitor.Anybody had a taste?Would love to hear the Model 1 next to a Totem Forrest in same shop.
Cheers
Chazzbo
chazzbo
I have heard both, there is a review of the mini-dancer 2 on avguide which pretty much sums it up. The MD-1 in comparision to the Be-718 (non-US version) - the MD-1 has less compression in the lower frequencies, better overall extension, more clarity in the midrange, not as laid back as the tiny dancers, image better.

cheers
I wonder if the MD-1 needs as much current as the Be718, which many reviews said needed at least 150W to sound their best
I heard both of them in an audio showroom in Iceland a few months ago. I liked the Mini Dancer 1 alot. They were hooked up to a NuForce d-class amp. The Mini 2's I wasn't as keen on, but it wasn't an equivelant comparison since it was hooked up to a different amp. It would be nice to do a direct comparison. They look beautiful and sound great across the spectrum. We also heard the Be-718s and felt that both the MD1 and 2 blew them away; no comparison. As noted above, they were accurate, but did not cover the full frequency spectrum well.