Subwoofer Set up Question

I am thinking of hooking up a Velodyne HGS-12 into my system to give my room a bit of a bass boost (Coincident Super Eclipse 3's). I do not want to use the internal crossover in the subwoofer and am thinking of running the speakers full range for my application, two channel listening. My preamp has 2 outputs so feeding the sub is no problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks very much for any input!
ck
I do not want to run the second line out to my amps as this takes away from running the system via balanced from my preamp and amps. I am thinking of what Marty just described.

You lost me there. You said you had two line-outs at your pre. I'm using the two outputs on my preamp, one going to the sub, the other going to my amp which goes to my Coincidents. I prefer this to running the signal through the X-over components in the sub. So both components are getting a full range signal to deal with. The sub deals with it via the high-pass, phase and volume. I'm not sure what what approach you're considering, but it sounds like the one Marty describes is the same as what I'm using. It is also recommended by ACI. My room is 12X24 with cathedral ceilings (sloped 7 to 11 feet) and getting wider (16 feet), and taller (14 feet) at one end. So perhaps about 1/2+ the volume of your room.
Jax2,

Sorry for the confusion, I am planning on trying to run the set up the same method you are using.
No sweat, CK. It's a good method of going and bypasses running the signal to the main speakers through the crossover circuit. I think it's the best way to go for that reason, but does require some careful setup. An SPL meter or better yet, a computer with a mike and software to plot a response graph can be very helpful.
For a system without a 2 output preamp, is the only way to hook up a sub by plugging the preamp outputs into the sub via long RCA interconnects, then connect speaker wires from the sub outs to the main speakers? Does the signal coming out from the sub to the mains get processed by the sub's amp as well? If so, this does not sound like a good approach. Is there any other way to do a sub in a 2 channel system without molesting the main speaker's signal with the sub amp? Hope someone can help, thanks.

Bob