What floorstanding speakers should I buy?

I am looking for a set of floorstanding speakers around $1000 thinking of going used so I can get more speaker for the money. I listen to Jazz Blues Rock and even hard rock and some classical so I need a well rounded speaker. I'm using a NAD C272 amp 150W. Thanks
volvoturbo
specifically at this very moment? dunlavy 2's on audiogon...600 bucks, classic in every way...add shipping, you're still under budget and own speakers that play with multi thousand whatevers.
Jaybo's call is a good one - if the OP is in/near Pekin, Ill. The listing is pick-up only. However, that speaker at that price certainly appears to be quite a deal.

Marty
To the above listed speakers, I would also audition the DCM TFE-200, which sells for $1K/pr new, factory direct, with a 30-day in-home trial. http://www.mitekfactoryoutlet.com/products/brand.cfm?brand=6
ok , you are going to get a lot of opinions.and tes ideally you should choose speakers first then your amp.my ist job out of college was selling high end electronics. IN 70S.SO I HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEAD FOR THE OLDER SPEAKERS.THE DAHLQUIST DQ 10 WAS A GREAT CLASSIC AND STILL HOLDS UP WELL TODAY. SOME OLDER INFINITY MODELS ARE WONDERFUL KAPPA 8, REF. STANDARD 2.5.OHM MADE SOME BEAUTIFUL SOUNDING SPKRS.CAN I SUGGEST A , RADICAL IDEA THAT CAN GIVE TRULY GREAT SOUND, AND SAVE A BUNCH OF CASH?PATIENCE IS KEY.I RECENTLY BOUGHT ONE SPEAKER A VON SCHWEIKIERT VR 3FOR BASS RESPONSE.PAID 91.00 DOLLARS FOR IT.PAIRED IT WITH A FOCAL PROFILE 918.PAID 73.00 FOR IT.THE FOCAL RETAILED FOR 4400.00A PAIR.THE VR 3 WERE ABOUT 3500.00 FOR A PAIR.MY SYSTEM SOUNDS DETAILED IN WAYS I NEVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE.I DEFY ANY ONE TO SPEND 200.00 IN SPEAKERS OR 2,00.00 AND GET BETTER RESULTS!!!