Replacing Totems One's

I'm thinking of replacing my Totem One's (non-sig.) and would like to hear if there are any other monitors worthy of replacing them? Sonus Fabers, Usher...etc ???? Budget $1200 for used.

One problem, wife factor has made speaker placement an issue, I will only have about a 12" gap from rear wall to back of speaker. Room is 14w x 16L x 13H vaulted.

The Totem's were awesome (imagining monsters) but a bit too forward and they need to place 24" from the rear wall.

Thinking about the Sonus Faber Concerto's (has front firing vent). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
mr_macgee
a nice amp for the totem model 1 would be a ma6900 integrated. this would be a sweet setup. i had the model 1's with the ma6500 integrated and that was before the ma6900 was out. you could go with the ma6500, but i would recommend a rel strata III sub for the bottom end in a larger room. with the ma6900, i would just try the model 1's without a sub.

classe equipment have a warm sound to them and i currently use all classe for my equipment (except for the dac). the cap 80 would be to small for the model 1's. i think they make a cap-150 which might be a good fit.

mr macgee: i also use a mac as the fron end for my audio listening throughout the house. i use wired and wireless with airport express devices. i then use jitter removers after the airport express, then go into an external dac. all controlled through my iphone. the quality of the sound equals/surpasses the quality of my classe cdp-10 player which is a highly rated deck.
The Totems are a very fine speaker. A step up in your price range will be difficult but not impossible. Totem speakers in general can be a difficult load for many amps.
I would echo the Harbeths(recent price drop), Guru and the Reference 3a Decapo i and Dulcet. All of these speakers should be an upgrade in sound with the benefit of an easier drive.
Was extremely impressed with the Guru at the RMAF 2007.
Thanks everyone, The Merlins & the Guru's are on the short list. I will try to listen to a pair of Guru's this week. Hearing Merlins will be difficult without a first buying a pair.

The wife wants wood and as long as she gets it, I don't need a man cave. But does that have anything to do with the speakers listed above?

The Devilsound DAC has brought new life to my Totems to the point that I may keep them. I've been enjoying listening to them the last two days way more compared to the last two years, it's just way better.
B&W Nautilus 805, You can find a decent used pair on Agon or Ebay for about 1200 without stands...

Flowport on the front, so it increases the flexibility of distance from wall.