Montana EPS2 Speakers

Are these good for the price
kendavid
They are excellent for all types of music. They are more than good for the price. I've driven them with an Airtight ATM-1 amp (40 watts per channel) quite nicely. But they really like more power than that. Your BAT VK75 SE sould do the trick. There's a couple of pair for sale used right now for about $5000.
I have had a pair of the SPX's for years and love them. I have spent a lot of time listening to the EPS at the dealer where I got my SPX. If I could have gotten a pair for what you would pay I would have jumped on them. I don't think you will be sorry. I drive mine Parasounds Halo amps and am very happy.
I liked the Vipers very much. They just did not fill the room and did not have that much base. The Montanas are large and have much more of a presence. I traded in the Bat 75Se and got the solid state Bat250. Theoretically it was a step down, but the tubes were too hot and I have a tube pre amp, dac, and cd player and did not want to worry about trying to figure out which tubes were causing a problem when the time came.

I am very happy with the setup. Next is a power conditioner.