What do you recommend for a solid state for office

I am looking for a solid state integrated for $1500. Obviously it can be used.
Easy to drive two way bookshelves are the speakers. Nearfield listening. Any thoughts are appreciated.
lrsky
"04-08-15: Pani
Naim Nait 5i"

Have you ever heard one of those things? I used to have one came to the conclusion that it was the single most over rated audio component I've ever heard.
For an office, I like the Bel Cantos and Wyreds in particular because they are small packages that use high efficiency CLass D amplification to get teh most bang our of a small reasonably priced package.

I also like Rogue Sphinx for similar reason especially if one has a phono but I think the box is a bit larger and might not be as convenient in an office environment depending on where it will reside physically.
I have been very satisfied with the used Simaudio i-1 that I picked up here for $650. I often see the i-1, i-.5 and 250i for good prices. They are class A for the first 5 watts, so in near field listening you would have very pure sound. They are well reviewed and solidly built. They also double down into 4 ohms, so you'd have quite a range of speakers to chose from. And if you end up bringing it home, it will sound great it a larger room, too.

Best, Scott
04-09-15: Zd542
"04-08-15: Pani
Naim Nait 5i"

Have you ever heard one of those things? I used to have one came to the conclusion that it was the single most over rated audio component I've ever heard.

Zd542, very interesting. I have used Naim Nait 5i for 2 years and I found it to be the single best equipment one can buy for that money. I was driving a pair of Tannoy Turnberry SE speakers with it. Supremely musical!