This funny

My Krell LAT-1 tweeters blew and guess how much they cost new?? 48.00. A 40,000 dollar speaker with 48 dollar tweeters. WOW
radrog
Here we have the problem with the 'hi-end'. Great sound, poor value. Krell could have done themselves a favor by simply giving you, for free, a replacement set of tweeters. Then, since 'price' never entered the equation, you would have wow'd about the great customer service and had confidence in your making the right decision in the first place. Now you just feel ripped off from the initial price of the speakers, not being a good value.
For the money the speakers cost to purchase Krell should of gave them to me for free. Now, I know that I made a mistake in buying them from a company (keep in mind all my other gear is Krell) that all they care about is suckin my wallet dry.
Sometimes components may appear to be the same as something off the shelf, but they aren't always. When vendors(Krell for example) buy in bulk, they can have products tailored to their needs.
welcome to the world of diminishing returns... the post about crimp on terminal exposes the truth behind so much of this ultra hi end gear! also the post about tweeters is right on, so little music is contained in those octaves it is ludirous how much atention is paid to them often. if you bought them from a krell dealer they should have installed for free! foolish biz. ethic.
Buying from a dealer (now that is also very funny) !!!! Buying anything in this hobby from a dealer and not AUDIOGON is plain out not smart. Audiogon is the best.