Wilson Sophia 2's on Marantz Reference

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Wilson Sophia 2's and Marantz Reference combo. I am looking into getting a pair of the wilsons and setting them up with the Marantz PM-11s2 integrated and the Marantz SA-7s1 SACD player. Cabling will be Tara Labs or Audioquest. Powercords will be Shunyata Anacondas or Tara Labs The One. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Ag insider logo xs@2xbrandonosman23
Dylan, there is nothing wrong with you being convinced of your opinion, you are just unwilling to accept any other that disagrees with you. You have relentlessly put down the Sophia with the same arguement over and over, not all people agree with you.

Wilson is a great speaker manufacturer. But part of what makes them great is their focus on the "ultra high-end".
Some would say it is that focus that allows them to have trickle down affect to make a great speaker like the Sophia at its price point.

There is plenty of room for more than one great speaker manufacturer in this hobby and for us to prefer differences.

You state as if a fact the 802D is better than the Sophia, this may be for you; I have already stated above that I owned the 802D, I did so for a year and a half and I tried them with several different amps and in my opinion they never sounded great. Now maybe it was my room or some other factor, but having heard the Sophia side-by-side with the 802D, and my past experience, I would take the Sophia without hesitation, which I already stated.
As much as I've been recently informed of greater speakerage providing great realism, it's quite doubtful I'll realize any level of loudspeaker mfg. whose retail is beyond 10-12K.

that's pretty real for me. So I just stay out of those rooms & places that have top tier models all fired up and playing... and now & then, I'll transgress and stick my nose in there anyways, just to add to my frustration or see how the folks on other side of the tracks live.
I like nutt'n better than to get down to my yellow tank top and stretch out on the lawn to get some good ear time on my Wilson's. Only thing better is to listen while sippin on a Old Milwaukee that's been coolin in the crawl space and soakin my bad toe.
Hopes y'alls got's da yeller wilsons ta match dem dar tank tops Bjesien...say's, ar ya from swedin er somtin? Yer name shur sounds swedish.
Hansen sells their 3 way for $39,000 vs Wilson's Sophia for $15,000...now that's value:) What happened to my Swedish friend?