Office System -- Low Volume Speakers

I am looking for speakers for an office system. I am using a Vincent Audio SV-236 (100W/Ch hybrid) as an integrated amp--so I have plenty of power for this application. My source is a Polk Audio XRt12 XM radio reference tuner.

Particularly, I am looking for something that sounds good at low volumes and that is NOT fatiguing. I play the full spectrum of music, but mostly classical and jazz (as well as talk radio). Monitors would be prefered over stand mounnted, but I am considering Totem Arros.

I am looking for something used (or demo) under $750.00.
tabascocat1994
NHT A-10 or A-20 used would be perfect..but use their amps and sell the one you have. Used they fall into your price range.

Note: if you buy one of these, make sure they come with the special cables that run between the amps and the speakers...they have orange cable covers.
the totem arros would be an excellent choice. i used to own them for my den setup in my last house. i sold them andwent with the totem taw in-wall speakers in my new den.
What made you choose the Vincent amp ?

As someone who has put some effort into building a nearfield system , ie. low volume , I have found that the amp is just as important as the speaker and its efficiency . I have demoed many amps that did not fit this criteria on speakers rated at 90db. eff. or more . Sort of like the first watt theory .

Just curious .
Saki70, I choose the Vincent amp due to a number of reasons:
1. I got a good deal on a integrated amp which has received great reviews (TAS--award)
2. It has a loudness button which helps at low volumes
3. I wanted something warm, and not fatiguing
4. I wanted something with sufficient power to drive any small cabinet speaker and get decent bass
5. I wanted something that would be versatile in case I bring it out of the office
I love SV-236 for this purpose (and beyond)

Rbstehno, I think the Arros are leading my list. However, have you tried Rainmakers? How do they compare?

Ghstudio, I have no interest to change my whole system for NHT speakers. I was unimpressed with the Classic Threes--the only NHT which I have heard.
Building on Saki70's comments...the NHT PRO system is just that....two nearfield speakers and a specially designed matched amplifier that allows you to move the boundary...an integrated system designed specifically for your intended use.

You might want to read:

http://mixguides.com/studiomonitors/Reviews/nhtpro-a20-monitor-699/

which describes some of the problems that this type of system can help avoid...and tell you what the A20/A10 might be able to do for you in your environment.

The entire system is also within your price range....and you can keep the SV-236.

I am not sure why you would listen to the classic threes when you are looking for a completely different design point. That's sort of like listening to today's JBL's and saying I don't like any JBL's (and they made some truly outstanding speakers a while back). The NHT Pro has little in common with the NHT Classic Threes other than the company name which has now been sold at least three times since the A20 was offered.

I'm not trying to sell you on the NHT's....there are many solutions. However, I always prefer a total solution rather than putting together individual pieces that each have good reviews and then having to deal with all the integration and room issues that an integrated near field monitor system avoids.