Office System -- Low Volume Speakers

I am looking for speakers for an office system. I am using a Vincent Audio SV-236 (100W/Ch hybrid) as an integrated amp--so I have plenty of power for this application. My source is a Polk Audio XRt12 XM radio reference tuner.

Particularly, I am looking for something that sounds good at low volumes and that is NOT fatiguing. I play the full spectrum of music, but mostly classical and jazz (as well as talk radio). Monitors would be prefered over stand mounnted, but I am considering Totem Arros.

I am looking for something used (or demo) under $750.00.
tabascocat1994

Showing 4 responses by tabascocat1994

Saki70, I choose the Vincent amp due to a number of reasons:
1. I got a good deal on a integrated amp which has received great reviews (TAS--award)
2. It has a loudness button which helps at low volumes
3. I wanted something warm, and not fatiguing
4. I wanted something with sufficient power to drive any small cabinet speaker and get decent bass
5. I wanted something that would be versatile in case I bring it out of the office
I love SV-236 for this purpose (and beyond)

Rbstehno, I think the Arros are leading my list. However, have you tried Rainmakers? How do they compare?

Ghstudio, I have no interest to change my whole system for NHT speakers. I was unimpressed with the Classic Threes--the only NHT which I have heard.
I have never bought near-field speakers, so I may be confused, but I do not think that this is the right situation for them. Would near-field speakers, whose name implies speakers positioned close to the listener be appropraite for an office which is a medium/large room. The speakers will sit 10'+ for me.

Regardless, my amp is set (I love it), so switching to a new amp or a completely new NHT system is not an option.
Onemug, I will check out the Omegas that you suggested.
Dwhitt, I will check out the Eras that you suggested.
Rebbi & Rbstehno, I will also look at Totems, but I have read that Mites/Staff may be my best choice.

Thanks