What subwoofer to use with Maggies?

I have a pair of Magnepan MMG's and I am looking for suggestions of subwoofers that mate well with the Maggie sound. I am open to (2) smaller subs or one large one. Suggestions and experiences welcome.

Thanks,
nissancrazy
My standard advice;

Check out the Velodyne SMS-1 sub controller (room analyzer, PEq, & x-over). I use it with 2 Velo subs and (on occasion) MMGs, though more often with my Ohm 100s. The SMS allows seamless integration and smooth low end response at app $500-600 on line. At $350, a Bass Buster is also a good investment in room treatment. There are differing opinion on which sub is best (search for subwoofer and scan these threads for contributions from Bob Reynolds, Drew Eckhart, and Shadorne, all of whom are very knowledgeable.) FWIW the $600 SVS sub appears (based on specs, not auditioning)to be an unusually good value.

God Luck

Marty
I am usingf a REL T-2 with MMG's. I'm very happy with this combination. My room is 12x12x9. If your room is larger or if you want more base you could move up to a T-3 or "Storm". I mainly listen to classical and Jazz.
In two weeks I'll be sending my MMG's to Peter Gunn for his highly regarded modifications. This is reported to improve and extend the bass of the MMG's.
Keep the woofers small,in multiples.I would suggest using a 6db/oct crossover into the MMGs.Will you be bi-amping or passive?Can the woofer assembly be placed in the same "plane" as the MMGs or possibly used as a base?
If a box can be built,the Audax Aerogel 8" drivers are being cleared out at $25 a pop.Their efficeincy is 89 and might be used in a passive arrangement.