one shot: KLH 17 or Large Advents?

I have a chance to purch either pair. small room only about 10x10. Currently using rega mira 3, and apollo, rsl magnificent speakers that go supposedly to 45hz, but I dont get enough bass for my taste. I like to listen at mostly low volume, rock, jazz, classical. I want good bass. I have heard the LA is not the best for midrange but has good bass down to about 30hz, and a slightly rolled off treble (which I like I cant stand a bright speaker). I have read(have not heard either pair) the KLH 17 is a winner, but bass might not be any better than what I have. Im not a bass freak, I just want quality bass I can feel. My current speakers are not bad at all, just no low deep bass. Also considering Guru loudspeakers since they are in a small package and do have low bass (have heard them). thx!
holla
thx for all of your responses. im still confused though. go modern or stay vintage? If I pay 2k-3k for modern speakers they better sound significantly better than 100-500 dollar vintage speakers. (and have solid good bass). thanks again, and for the sound dynamics tip. another guy mentioned those to me a while back.
Holla,

You do not have to pay 2 to 3K. There are many options of very good used speakers used here on Audiogon for $500 to 1K. Dynaudios, Totems, JM Focal, et.al. Audiogon is full of people trying to move up the food chain and often with speakers. Also tube nuts, especially the SET crowd, sell their very nice sounding relatively efficeint speakers in mint condition for speakers that can be driven by flea watt tube amps. I am listening to a tube amp right now but she puts our 60 watts and am not a convert. But that is the beauty of audiogon!

The SDs I mentioned earlier usually go for 300 to 500 used.

Much luck in your adventure.

Hoopster
I had MG-1s in a 10x10 room once....and had to swap them L/R to make a weird 'image' go away. It was a very hard room without even a throw rug. It sounded better with the sliding glass door open, too.
There are two sets of Meadowlark Audio Kestrels currently listed here for $500. Excellent speakers for a small room. Easy to place with respectable bass performance and wonderful imaging.
Neither of the sellers has any Audiogon feedback so caution is warranted.
a pair of vintage ads speakers may best both the large advent and the klh. condition is everything when going vintage.