MBL: single 9008A to drive 101e - bad idea?

I would really like to buy a set of MBL's (101E mk2 + a pair of 9008A's) but my budget is a bit tight for now so I am considering buying a single 9008A for now and adding to make a pair later on. I know that using a single 9008A in stereo mode is not a recommended setup because of the degradation in sound quality, but this is really all I can afford for now. Or is this a really bad idea?

Theses are my choices, any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. 101E mk2 + one 9008A + 1531CD + Denon AVR 3808 as preamp
2. 111F + pair of 9008A + 1531CD + Denon AVR 3808 as preamp
3. 111F + pair of 9007 + 1531CD + 6010 preamp
4. 111F + single 9008A + 1531CD + 6010 premap
or any other ideas?

Thanks so much!! =)

FYI My listening music is usually vocals and classical, and my listening setup will be in a pretty open space 5m wide x 12m deep
clickster2
Clickster2, what actual gear do you own presently? If it was me I would buy the 101E MK2's and work around them. I have not heard these but own 101E's.

Is it your goal to own a all MBL set-up and how long before you feel you will be able to make further purchases?

Just to give you a heads up, you might want to confirm the polarity of the 9008A because what I recently learned from another member is the polarity is reversed and the amps are ideally manufactured to pair up with MBL's own pre-amps. I have not gone into detail to confirm as of yet but when I had a pair of 9008's using my ARC REF3 pre I preferred the sound when I pushed the button on my pre to "INVERT". I am not familiar with the Denon pce you make reference to.

In closing I would not get one 9008 amp, actually I did not like them paired up with my MBL's but your outcome might differ.
Since you ask and have 60m2 for listening, I join Dev in choosing the 101. If you like their amps then by all means get the stereo & listen at moderate amplitude.

Ultimately, however, you'll be let down by the pre (the Denon is OK as pro).
So, I would suggest you consider cheaper amplification for now. Buy anything that's half way decent; a 500W cav, for example) and do some research work on the pre.

I find that cheaper amps can always be used later on; for subwoofers, second systems, etc...

Remember, classical is difficult to reproduce!
I have the MBL 101Ds and a pair of 9008A amps along with the 6010D pre-amp. My speakers are very similar to those you are contemplating buying so hopefully my experience will translate. If I were you I would buy the 101Es. You REALLY need the mid/low Radialstrahler driver, its a huge step up from the models further down the range. However to drive that guy you also REALLY need the 9008A. I've used Spectral and Spectron amps previously with these speakers and the MBLs are a huge upgrade. I've read that the 9008A amps were designed specifically to drive this speaker. If funds are tight then buy a single 9008A. The sound may not be optimal but it will still be fantastic. Feel free to contact me directly if you want to discuss
Teddy_bear do you know if this would also be true for say with my ACCUSTIC ARTS HYBRID TUBE DAC which is made in Germany?

I use the AES "XLR" digital connection from transport to dac and balanced "XLR" outs from the dac to my balanced "XLR" in's on my ARC REF3 pre.

Is there an easy way to find this out with out contacting the manufacturer.

The product distination was to be used in the USA and Canada.