High End Monitors

I am moving my system to a room in my new home which is a lot smaller thanthan my current set up. My new room is simply too small to house my Wilson Sophias. What suggestions would people have for a standmount speaker? I have listened to the Dynaudio C1s and found them to not be to my taste. I have listened to the Talon ravens and liked them a lot-- found them to be very transparent-- but they are costly. I intend to listen to the new Monitor Audio PL100 and the usher Tiny Dancer. Any other suggestions? Has anyone listened to the Escalante Pinyons without a sub? Eben XCentric? I would like to stay under $5k used or new. My musical tastes run to acoustic folk and rock with 33% symphonic. I am not a bass freak but really enjoy speakers that do the disappearing act, not one of the Sophia's strengths. Other pieces: Act2, Primare A32 amp, Marantz SA11. new cabling will come with the new room. Thanks for the input.
teeshot
How about an active speaker setup like the NHT active's? Should give you a tremendous dynamic advantage and lack of coloration from no passive crossover, and good parts usage. I think they are like $8k with subwoofer, but cheaper used. Anyway, they're small, highly rated in Stereophile (Class A restricted???).
Otherwise, used, Revel Gem's, Wilson Cub's, Merlin VSM's (using a Rives PARC to EQ for your small room), Piega's, yada, yada, and similar smaller, freq restricted designs.
For other passive's, your gunna have to fish here....
Flrnlamb,

That NHT Xd system is on sale here on AudiogoN for only $2999 brand new, including sub. I haven't heard it, but I would like to hear what it could do.....

Enjoy,

TIC
the reason i did not like the C1s was that I found them to be pretty but not involving. i think as i am moving away from an all tube system i am wanting more detail and transparency. t