Small and Excellent Speakers

After demoing the new B&W Signature Diamond speakers, I'm convinced that small is not always bad. Their limited edition speakers are a 2-way floor standing loudspeaker with an effortless and sweat sound. Their Dimensions are:
36.6 x 9.1 x 14.8 (H x D x W) in inches. Weight: 55 lbs. Unfortnuately they are $18,000/pair.

I am looking to replace a set of 1991 JBL L7 loudspeakers with a smaller set of floor standing loudspeakers. They will be driven with a McIntosh MC402 solid state power amp (400w) and a McIntosh C2200 tube preamp.

Question for all:
Are there other small-footprint speakers that sound excellent and are less than $5,000?

Thank you.
-Greg
fremonthills
KCS new SEAS exotic equiped loudspeakers. Retail $4000 incs shipping these since factory direct compare to others $12000 models. They do not require lots of power but I used on my Audio Valve challengers 180 watts with great results. The KCS exotic is point source phase and time correct.
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I just went through last year's Absolute Sound's Buying Guide.

http://www.avguide.com/features/buyers-guides/2007-tas-editors-choice.php

Some of the speakers suggested here are also mentioned in their list.

What do you folks think about the following speakers:

Thiel CS2.4 - it seems that these are very hard to positon, but when set up properly really sound great($5,000).

PSB Sychrony One - these are fairly new and wouldn't be in last year's reviews, but they seem to have great reviews this year ($4,500).

I've not auditioned them, but they are on my short list.

-Greg
With the amp and preamp that you have and price range, the B&W N802. About the size of the Signature and the B&W sound.
Some may argue with the quality of the Mac sound, but most would agree the MC402 and C2200 are nice equipment. And yes, I should be pairing them with the likes of Wilson Watt/Puppies or B&W 802Ds. But frankly, I really don’t want a huge set of speakers.

Is it possible to get a great sounding set of speakers that match my amp and preamp and are no more than 40 inches (101 cm) tall for under $5,000?

-Greg