Magnepans and cats, do they mix?

This is to those Maggie owners out there with cats, do you ever have trouble with the two? I'm all set to buy a pair, but have some reservations because I have two cats that are curious about *everything*.
terancechan
funny post that may help

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1100206637&read&keyw&zznail+cat

my favorite is the stick with a nail
I think they will see them as giant scratching posts. Other than SPCA/PETA approved ways, maybe you can make some covers for them.

It's been said that Cat Stevens used Maggies for mastering a couple of his albums. Maybe there is some mystical connection.
Several speakers and (very sadly) several cats ago, I had a pair of MG-1s. For a couple of weeks after setting them up, I sprayed a bunch of rags pretty heavily with the stuff that supposedly smells repellent to cats (can't remember the brand name), and used them to surround the bases of the speakers. For those weeks, the house looked a bit like an early scene from Close Encounters of the Third Kind, but I ended up never having to spray the speakers themselves, and the cats stayed away from them for years, despite their fondness for demonstrating creative woodworking and upholstery skills on the rest of our furniture.
If your worried about cats and speakers , don't have a cat or don't have the speaker. My cats don't mess with my gear ??? BTW having your cats claws
removed is criminal in my opinion. Cats don't have claws because they don't
need them.
Joe
I had a pair of MG 12's. My wife brought home two kittens from the shelter. One day discovered one or both kittens climbed up one side and down the other, both speakers. tattered and threads pulled pretty bad.
i ordered a pair of new cloths from Magnepan, replaced them and sold the speakers. An 85 dollar cost and a real pain in the butt to replace.

Anwser....no there is always the possibility...