History on ohm A's and F's.

I panned through the threads and read how the old ohm a's were remarkable.
Would like to hear more about this and other ohm speakers.
pedrillo
I have 2 pairs of Ohm F.

All 4 speakers need repair as the foam disintegrates over time.

With proper power, let's say Chernobyl, they are among the finest loudspeakers I've ever heard.

Ohm A was basically a prototype. It was a 16" Walsh driver as opposed to the 12" Ohm F.

I believe very few pair were actually made available to the public.
Bill, Aren't the Ohm F's very difficult to recone? I think I read that there are only a couple of people who can perform this in the USA. Is this the case because I have seen a number of pairs here on the GOn. Bob
Agree Ohm Fs were/are really nice. I think all of the newer stuff, including the 'upgrades' are lifeless and plastic sounding.

I think there is a guy that is building a new version of the model F; seems like he has advertised or sold a pair here on Agon.
Extremely difficult to recone.

There is only one gentleman I would trust to do mine.

He's located on the east coast near Philadelphia and doesn't get involved anymore due to the time and complexity involved. I even offered him one pair to keep in exchange for one repaired pair (plus his parts cost and labor of course). So far no interest.

But I keep them hoping he'll change his mind.
Dale Harder recones original Ohm speakers and builds his own, improved versions of both A and F models. He can be reached at:

[email protected] or 440-888-2163 in Parma, Ohio