Stereophile claims about Magico

Stereophile claims Magico has revolutionized loudspeaker design. All I see is standard design. Only 1 thing is slightly new, carbon nano tubes the carbon fiber cones already been done, aluminum cabinets been done. The driver array 1 tweeter 1 mid 2 woofers been done to death. The way magico attaches drivers old as the hills Ive got 50 year old loudspeakers that mount simlar. The way he designs crossovers is fairly standard. So whats the revolution the nano carbon tubes? Or just another bold claim on mag cover to sell issues.
128x128johnk
Asked to hear a really good tube system at SBS in NYC this past weekend. Magico Mini II with DCS Puccini CD, VTL TL G15 pre, VAC 300 PHI amp were auditioned and caught my ear.

Also read the recent Stereophile article.

"Revolutionary" is perhaps a bit overstated. Extremely well designed and executed would be more accurate. Innovative would also most certainly not be an overstatement given the unique combination of design elements incorporated. CAD design tools certainly enable precision designs when properly applied, but these tools have been around and in common use for well over 20 years at least now, right?

Having said this, the system I heard was certainly "magic" in its smooth, clean, transparent and effortless rendering (with just a touch of warmth) of the Saint-Saens Organ symphony on DG CD, particularly with the massed strings. Low end extension and dynamics were not all there with the smaller Magicos, but otherwise , this was a $100000 or so system that I could surely live with!
Magico Mini 2 is magical as well as VERY musical it is one of the best 2 ways out there sound wise. Having said this however i was at Carnegie Hall Saw the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra and nothing can do this in your home however MAGICO does come close both with MINI 2 AND V3. Remember its all about the sound not the price!!
I must admit that the review of the new KEF Monitor speaker,in this last issue of Stereophile has caught my eye/ear!
This looks like a superb design.Not unlike the "coming" TAD three way Minimonitor!

Some really interesting small enclosure designs around the "audio corner",and the furure looks good.

From my experience(which means nothing,btw)the less enclosure present,the more natural the "presentation"!

Those with smaller rooms can rejoice,as new technology IS a good thing!!

Best.
These are not claims these are among the best speakers out there period MINI AND V3 are ground breaking designs and sound that way because of this. If you go to live classical concerts at top shelf halls you would know this.!!
Sirspeedy, from my recent reading of Stereophile reviews take them all with a grain or several grains of salt. They don't seem to review much that they don't like a lot. The hyperbole freely flows. Last month they reviewed the Ravel Salon IIs and said something along the lines of "this is the best, most natural sounding speaker I've ever listened to." Come on. How can every new high-end piece be the best they've ever listened to? But they say that about a lot of stuff they review. There are plenty of amps, CDPs, etc, that if you go back and read the review, it's the best ever within some category. I wouldn't buy anything until it had been out a while because a lot of the stuff becomes flavor of the month then starts showing up used and a substantial discount because it wasn't all they cracked it up to be.