Dali Helicon 800 Mk2 are stunning ?

I recently upgraded from Dali Helicon 400 to Helicon 800 Mk2. I went on a year long year long search before I chose the Helicon 400 originally, and the reviewer's were right - they are excellent! I bought the 800 Mk2 based on listening to the original 800, and my trust in the Helicon range, and have found them to be simply stunning in almost every way, fixing and improving on slight imperfections in the 400's
Are there others on this forum who have tried them? What are your thoughts?
mike60
Drubin, I have cut and pasted my comments from elswhere to answer your question. Hope this helps:
I have the Helicon 800 Mk2, but had the Helicon 400 before that, so I can really make a comment on the comparison of these two mentioned by some.
I believe they are both superb. The reviews are correct!
The 800 Mk2 is definitely superior in a few ways. Voices sound better and more detailed, bass is deeper, and suprisingly, the depth of the sounstage improved. I thought this might get worse with the larger speaker.
I also found that the 800 Mk2 had improved on the 400's slightly enthusiastic high frequency treble, without compromising the excitement.
Again, both are excellent, and I tried a huge number of speaker brands and types before I went with Helicons.
Siberhuskie,
I wanted to like the Focals too because of all the reviews and I tried them in various combinations but in the end, I found them a little too lean for me. I found the Dali's richer and warmer and more exciting, without losing any detail. I couldnt really comment on which is more accurate or true to life. I just found that the Helicons made the music tickle my emotions more. I think the Focal is a good speaker, but bought the Dali. They will appeal to different listeners and fit better in different systems.
Mike what components (cables,Preamp, Power Amp,etc) are you running the 800s with?