Clement Perry's new reference speaker

I just got finished reading on the Stereo Times website a review of the Sunny Cable Magistic reference speaker by Clement Perry who is the publisher/founder of this website.

These speakers retail for $90000.00 a pair, they are a horn based speaker design. Mr Clement's reference was the highly regarded Dali Megaliners, untill he tried these in his home system.

I have never anywere read or talked to anyone who has ever heard Sunny Cables wires and speakers, only on the Stereo Times were they are quite impressed by this line of wires and now this reference speaker.

So, my question to you GON members, have any of you ever listened or auditioned Sunny Cable wires or their line of speakers, if so thanks for sharing
teajay
To Sirspeedy
In order for me to get defensive
I would have to feel guilty or under attack
I don't feel neither (but let me know when)

To Tvad
Thank You for the lesson. I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER THAT.
(no shouting - got it)

To Honest1

1.You are right we have never met.
Most likely have more in common then differences.
Am I nice ?......LOL.....maybe.

Let me ask you something Honest1......

How many times have you been screwed by manufactures, their advertisements, greedy/dishonest blood hungry dealers and of course our trustworthy, objective solid as a rock - reviewers?
( And please don't tell me.....I know - not all of them are that bad but many are.....I should know)

__________________________________________________?

2. Do you truly believe that Sunnys are the "BEST SPEAKERS IN THE WORLD" (yes Tvad I know). I mean, even Clemente won't say that - if he wants his voice to still count.
And like You & I said :
It is not only the speaker that makes music.....sorry sound of music, but many factors that must be included in the final set-up. Human factor also should not be overlooked. It is the most importent ingredient. Without the listener - nothing matters. Our taste, budget, motives, personality, knowledge, determination dictate the path we choose. We as the audiophiles and/or music lovers have differences to be sure but what we all share is love and joy for music. It is a long and sometimes difficult journey. We remember our falls but don't want to think about them........we all would do it differently again if given a chance. But we can't. Learning from our costly mistakes we must. And where better the here and now. What this website gives us all is a different look, a fresh look and mostly honest experiences of audiophiles around the globe. Which magazine, reviewer or dealer can give you such a rich well of information, pointers and real answers? In my opinion, NON (no shouting).

3.I'd rather take the criticism from an as...le
then sweet talk from the snake. It is just me.

4.Like I have said earlier, I wasn't aware that this thread is about the most expensive/exotic speakers on the planet. I thought that we were questioning Clemente's choice and try to get a grip on what the Sunnys sound like.
What they can be compare to? What are benefits and issues of owning a pair? How they compare to Michael Framer's, Robert Harley's and other reviewers' systems or speakers?
That would truly be "the war of the wits"

5.As far as I know (and I might be wrong( Clemente is welcome to comment if he feels the need ). Clemente is using sophisticating room correction. If someone experienced what RCS can do to tailor the sound, you know what I mean. Have anyone heard those in by-pass mode at Clemente's place?
I don't think so. Next time ask for a brief switch between the modes.

Cheers
Enjoy the music

Mariusz Stark
time is the only judge of a loudspeaker's worth. lets see if a thread is around two years from now on this product. just i wild guess, but i suspect............
Hey all......The issue of room correction hovers above any analysis of my system by those who come through here. Heck, it has taken me quite some time to come to a few conclusions.

1-It is called room correction, not speaker correction. There is no way on this earth I could get the Dynaudio's to sound like the Sunny if given a decade to make it happen. If there is a problem with the speaker, it will be there no matter what.

2-I am always willing to bypass correction. It still sounds great, if narrower, smaller and brighter among other effects. It is with a bit of time the education takes place and the benefits become far to important to ignore.

3-I have had a few people come through who own serious contemporary gear. The response to the sound has been a state of shock. Not because the sound was a little better here or a bit more transparent there. The sound with the Sunny/behold combination offers something I had never heard before, any were, from any other combination of gear.

4-When I hear every speaker on the planet in my room and have had time to get the best out of them, I will declare the Sunny the best. Until then, I will have to stick with the saying the Sunny is the best I have heard.

As for motives and entanglements, there are many, too many manufacturers out there that thought we were "aligned with them" as a result of writing positively about their gear and or the willingness to advertise on the site-only to be snapped into reality when we honestly found something better suited.

Thanks Speedy for the kind words, you are welcome any time.
Greg/Stereotimes.