Clement Perry's new reference speaker

I just got finished reading on the Stereo Times website a review of the Sunny Cable Magistic reference speaker by Clement Perry who is the publisher/founder of this website.

These speakers retail for $90000.00 a pair, they are a horn based speaker design. Mr Clement's reference was the highly regarded Dali Megaliners, untill he tried these in his home system.

I have never anywere read or talked to anyone who has ever heard Sunny Cables wires and speakers, only on the Stereo Times were they are quite impressed by this line of wires and now this reference speaker.

So, my question to you GON members, have any of you ever listened or auditioned Sunny Cable wires or their line of speakers, if so thanks for sharing
teajay
Wait......money no object....am I missing something???
Yes, I agree that Sunny speaks would make it to that list but......this is not it....is it???
And.......besides the fact that:
a. They cost is almost 100K
b. You will need 2 pro moving comps. or few Spartans from "300"
c. Lovely and saint wife to let the beasts in.

You will need a state of the art room and components to get the best out of these speakers.......if money is in fact no object.
So what? There are people for whom money is no object, and these products are of interest to them. If you're pulling in a million a year, these speakers are about a month's salary. Many of us would consider spending a month's pay on speakers. Not everyone is married, not everyone's spouse hates audio gear. If money is no object, hiring millwrights shouldn't be that big a deal; I have a freind who owns a clock shop; the owners of one beautiful old Boston townhouse with stairs too narrow to fit their tall clock through hired millwrights to remove a window and swing the clock in on a crane, and the clock cost a lot less than the Sunnys. Rodney Dangerfield hired a helicopter to get his hot tub into his NYC apartment. If you're in that league, you may have a house big enough to dedicate to an acoustically designed music room. The best part is that when they get bored with their stuff, they sell it here, so those of us who are not as wealthy can eventually own some of the top equipment.
You are right I am not in that "league".
Actually I am in the league of common sense and passion for music. And in my opinion, it is not ART or SKILL to spend silly money to feel good about yourself. The skill to build the reasonable, listenable, enjoyable foot topping system is what I am all about.
And do keep in mind.....I have heard Sunnys and I wasn't floored.
And HONEST"1" try to be more honest and come down from the clouds on the ground where most of us audiophiles/music lovers are.

Cheers

Happy listening &
enjoy the music
Mrjstark - I'm not in that league either. But I don't expect someone with a lot more money than I do to limit himself to the same equipment that I can afford. If spending $400K gets a much better system, and a person has the $$to do it, I have no problem with that. I do understand your point about having heard the speakers and not being impressed with them. If they really aren't that good, then I would say, yeah, it would be foolish to buy them, no matter how much money you have. I have been to CES and I agree that there seems to be very little correlation between equipment cost and sound quality. I have also been unimpressed with equipment that got lots of great press. I have not heard the Sunnys, though, so I have to go by what I read here - everyone who has posted who has heard Clement's system says it is exceptional; when you heard the Sunnys at CES, they were just good. For now, I will accept both accounts. There's more to a system than speakers. If Clement Perry has achieved state-of-the-art sound by spending a lot of money, I say good for him. I am especially impressed by his willingness to let total strangers into his house to hear it all.
In terms of being honest, I don't think I have said anyhting dishonest or hypocritical. I have looked at your system, though, and I would say that you are up farther in the clouds than I am. You have some very nice equipment, and the remodelling work is very impressive. I would like to do the same some day. However, I would ask that you be honest and realize that to most people, spending the thousands of dollars that you have on equipment would be silly money,and then reconfiguring rooms for the sake of sound would be way over the top. I know people who considered their $350 desktop Bose all-in-one a major splurge, and enjoy listening to it very much. They would definitely think what you (or I) do is way beyond the realm of common sense.
Just pointing out different points of view.
Mrjstark,
Your comments leave me scratching my wig. You write "I'm in the league of common sense...and keep in mind, I heard the Sunny's and wasn't floored."

Honest1 couldn't have been more on point.

Okay, for one, common sense has little to do with monetary contstraints. What you're really saying is "I'm in the league of common sense and budget." The kicker is when you meet folks with great common sense, coupled with an endless passion for music - and far more disposable income - do you really get to understand the true meaning of ART and SKILL. Not just of the person who purchased these electronics but moreso from the manufacturer themselves.

There's some very talented and wealthy folks out in the world who have just as much passion as the next guy writing on these forums. Only problem, they're often too busy enjoying their lives to write about it on these type forums.

Just because a person spends what you might consider a rediculous amount on a system doesn't make it rediculous at all. It's relative. Especially when you consider there's so much super expensive gear to choose. Whose making the stuff? Why? And for whom? is the better question if you want to get down to the gritty nitty.

To think ART and SKILL-ful purchases of hi-fi equipment as better than wealthy audiophiles with the same ART and SKILL-ful purchases, beit more expensive gear, is laughable. Oh, btw, most of the wealthy people I know are driven and motivated which makes their sucess stories no mistake. Ditto, their passion to get the most from a audio system.

Stating you heard the Sunnys at CES is like me saying I SAT in a new BMW 7 series while visiting their showroom and even turned over the ignition key!

In actuality, all you heard at CES was a GLIMPSE of the Sunnys performance.

That's what CES and trade shows demos are all about.

Trust me, I've heard my share of bad sounding systems and to qualify a show setup as unimpressive doesn't suprise me. But to knock or accuse the loudspeaker - as if it's playing itself - instead of the "system" AND a less than ideal acoustic space? In my opinion Mrjstark, this doesn't show the ART and SKILL you claim to possess.

Lastly, Mrjstark, in terms of expensive electronics that occupy the top rung of audiophile foibles; given two separate rooms, one with the best of the best and the other with afforable but well-thought-out electronics AND with all your experiences at your command - which Mrjstark would sound better?

My point exactly.

Here's an open invitation to come and hear them here at my place or over at Greg Petan's. Heck, I'll even come and get you in that new BMW 7 series.

Clement Perry