Clement Perry's new reference speaker

I just got finished reading on the Stereo Times website a review of the Sunny Cable Magistic reference speaker by Clement Perry who is the publisher/founder of this website.

These speakers retail for $90000.00 a pair, they are a horn based speaker design. Mr Clement's reference was the highly regarded Dali Megaliners, untill he tried these in his home system.

I have never anywere read or talked to anyone who has ever heard Sunny Cables wires and speakers, only on the Stereo Times were they are quite impressed by this line of wires and now this reference speaker.

So, my question to you GON members, have any of you ever listened or auditioned Sunny Cable wires or their line of speakers, if so thanks for sharing
teajay
The dealer is in Brooklyn. Laufer Teknik. Clement Perry has the larger version of the ones I am running.

From the dynaudio, I only re ran the room correction for the sunny. All wire is Sunny 1000 as is the power conditioner. The power chords on the amp and preamp, are from new manufacturer we will be hearing about shortly.

I was not at the vegas show so I cannot say how they sounded there. Best, Greg
I had a chance to hear Clement's system yesterday.
Maybe "hear" isn't the right word. "Experience" is more like it.

It does things that I've never heard another system do. On Patricia Barber's
Companion (one of my reference CD's) I heard elements in the recording I never noticed before. At one point in one of the tracks she whispers something to another musician, a detail I had never before heard. Each clap of the audience became a distinct fully fleshed out event. In fact all the live recordings he played portrayed audience cues in a way I had never heard captured on any recording. The Sunny's just have this incredible dynamic property that lifts sound off it's background in a way I have never heard any system reproduce.
Each slap of the conga on Companion took on it's own variance that was not there in other systems I heard it on, and the whole instrument really came to life as it had never before.

The bass was tighter and deeper than any system I've demo'd, and I not usually a fan of ultra deep gut wrenching bass. The room correction surely played a part in getting these 18" drivers to integrate so well in the small to medium size room.

On some acoustic guitar tracks I brought (from Springsteen's Devils and Dust)
each string suddenly became alive as it's own acoustic vibrating column of air.

Clement is to be aplauded for putting together a system that elevates music reproduction to such a high level, and for championing a new line of speakers that most of us were simply unfamilar with, by taking the time to allow strangers like myself into his home to experience his system.

I must say that when I first heard about 800 lb. per side gigantic horn speakers, I thought the notion a bit over the top. All I can say now is that if I had he room and the budget, I would not hesitate to take out my checkbook and find a good moving company.

I also got a chance to hear to hear Sunny's much smaller (traditional sized) speaker. While it could not do what the gigantic Majestics do, they are definitley a product line I am interested in investigating further.
I was lucky enough to have a chance to listen to Clement's system on Tuesday (Feb.21). I would urge any skeptics to take him up on his offer and go listen for themselves. I have spent the last couple of weeks listening to some high end systems around the country.
I listened for about 8 hours to my CD's and a wide variety of music that Clement played. We played classical, Jazz, Rap, some indi bands, Blues and everything in between. It was quite a remarkable experience, and I left convinced that outside of springing for the 325k Magico Ultimates(which I've not heard, I have heard the Model 6) this is as good as it gets. I had planned on listening to 1 or 2 more systems, but was so impressed I ended my search and am buying the Sunny's. Don't take my word for it, have a listen yourself. Clement is a most generous host and once you have a chance to speak to him you will realize this is a man who lives and breathes audio. There is no logical reason he and Greg would have bought these enormous speakers, whatever the discount unless they felt they were nothing short of the best in their class. Whats interesting too is that Clement's room is very short of the ideal space for these monsters. The ceilings are not that high and the room is pretty small. I can only imagine what they will be like in a larger room, although I will find out when they arrive. I would love to hear more from anyone who has the chance to visit Clement, but for my money I am convinced that this is as good as it gets and if anyone wants to have an experience that will really transport them they should make whatever arrangements they need to to go listen. -Erik
sounds like a plan...I'll write my on second mortgage and order a pair tonight...RIGHT!!
for 90K, we could get Ashley Dupree to come over and not only play for us, but...