Recommend a forward speaker

Apologies in advance for cross posting this on AA as well, but figure there might be some different suggestions over here.

When I say forward, I mean the music is presented forward on the stage, NOT necessarily bright (but could lean that way).

I've got a pair of Verity Audio Parsifals, and they are not forward, and although I love their coherent and open sound, sometimes I feel like the stage is just too far back. I've done a lot to bring it forward: silver cables (Stereovox), Amperex 6922 in my amps, Canary ca 160 amps, Emm front end, still, the basic character of the speakers are still laid back. The soundstage at this point is probably about 3 to 4 feet behind the plane of the speakers. I prefer it at or slightly forward the plane of the speaker. That's what I get for buying without listening first. Although, honestly, it took some listening to finally put my hand on this. I was so taken aback by their beautiful, open sound, it was hard to understand their presentation fully.
128x128dennis_the_menace
Before doing anything drastic you might want to experiment along a different
path. Try a professional quality EQ unit and liberally experiment with
relatively small boosts in the midrange frequencies and/or cuts in the upper
midrange. You could start out with a cheap Behringer unit just to see if it
makes any sense and if you like what you achieve move on to something
more in keeping with the rest of your system. You won't have to change your
speakers (or amps/cables etc.) and the EQ is defeatable when you don't want
it.
Try a professional quality EQ unit and liberally experiment with
relatively small boosts in the midrange frequencies and/or cuts in the upper
midrange.

This is a good idea, however, one of the ways that designers achieve a "BBC dip" and yet still present a fairly flat on axis response is to lower the off axis response in the upper mid range. This drops the overall upper mid range energy. An EQ will not fix this aspect only a different speaker with wider dispersion will help.

A good way to tell if your speaker is evenly loading the room is to step outside and listen from some distance down the hallway - away from any direct sound. If it sounds totally convincing that there are people with instruments playing in your stereo room then you know the speaker is exciting an even sound field. If it obviously sounds like reproduced "Hi-Fi" then you know it is not evenly loading the room. It is surprising but the ear/brain can recognize this quite easily. The balance of the sound field tells you whether a piano could really be in the next room or not. An unconvincing sound field with a "distant" or far back presentation lets you know that the piano is somewhere else further away and therefore could not be in the next room.
I'm going to audition some Audio Physics in the next couple weeks, spoke to a local dealer here. Will also try and find a place to audition the JM Labs and ATCs.

I don't think going to an Arcam is the best idea, considering I've got an Emm Labs setup, which I think is already pretty forward sounding (or neutral as some would say!).
For flexibility, Ohm Walsh 5 speakers have a three way close/medium/far "perspective" adjustment on them for the midrange that enables you to adjust the perspective accordingly. I prefer a more recessed sound stage with the speakers optimally 3-4 feet away from the rear wall, however, and typically use the "far" setting myself.

I also have a small pair of Triangle Titus speakers that naturally are more forward in presentation, yet not fatiguing.
I've heard Focal Profile series speakers driven by a Krell integrated at a local Tweeter store. These sounded very forward and I did like the sound very much.