Modified DCM TFE200's......World Reference Now

I can't believe how much better these speakers sound after I cut out the whole side walls of the midrange chamber...its a night and day difference! All my friends are amazed too.....
hifisoundguy
I used woods yard master patio cord from Wal-Mart for hookup wire for my DCM's mod ... http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/whitelightning/moonshine.html
After you heard a GOOD open baffle speaker your never go back to a BOX speaker again!
11 out of 18 replies to this post are from the original poster. Shouldn't that merit some kind of Agon award?

Oz
What I'm trying to figure out is if the DCM speakers sound better with the sides cut out to make them an open baffle, why didn't the manufacturer think of that?
If DCM only tried this speaker as a open baffle first I think they would had sold them this way. These speakers sound best with no wood around the midrange driver but the front baffle. They also sounded better with the corners on the midrange baffle cut off. I marked off 2 3/4 inches on each side of the midrange driver at the top of the baffle and cut the corners off at a angle. This improved things even more...drawing you into the music even more!