B&W Name Change Theory

I have a theory that B&W is changing to Bowers and Wilkins due to there now entering the automotive market (Jaguar) and wanting to avoid confusion with BMW. Jaguar wouldn't want people thinking they have a BMW audio system.

Any thoughts?
bundy
I have it on good authority that Bower & Wilkins aren't concerned about the German car maker, but about the potential suit for the heirs of Bob Marley & the Wailers. Rita, Ziggy et al. are getting aggressive about protecting the name of BM&W.
Hey!
How come I'm the only one telling B&W to..."Get up", "Stand up", "Stand up for your rights!"
Watching Volvo owners defend Volvos is almost as funny as watching Bose owner's on TV. I say "The new Accord is the size of a 5 series -and starts at $20k. ", and the response is "Civic - Funny, that looks nothing like a 5 series, maybe your confusing years. Huh? Was that difficult to follow or ….?

Look, Volvo’s are a cliché for tree huggers and academics who don’t know any better, or status seekers who can't afford Mercedes. It’s advertising hype.

OK, according to LATEST NHTA tests (not 1984 or whenever), Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai and even Kia (!) score higher than Volvo as far as safety. Now safety is what Volvo is all about, RIGHT?

“Just wait until you go into a sharp curve at 80 mph and you will notice the difference between a Volvo and a Honda!” OK, from Motor trend Oct 2007 on the C30 (a minified C40)

“Volvo’s newest car is more for designers than drivers…. I don’t get the sense I’m in a fun car…it’s a shame the driving dynamics clash with the stunning looks… the engine doesn’t feel or sound refined, reminds me of a kitchen appliance… doesn’t make you want to go quickly…universally trashed was the action of the gearbox and clutch….light and imprecise, and she was being kind…possibly the worst six speed transmission on sale in the US today…numb steering and softness of the suspicion excessive body roll and lack of feeling.

80mph in a Volvo - you first. Try an Accord V6 at 80, or a Camry Sport (4 or V6) at 80 and you’ll rethink that statement quickly. Oh, and I assume you’re not including the coupe versions, or the NSX of course.

Look, you guys drank the Kool Aid – and that's OK, but next time you want to go apoplectic about Volvo's, get out of the 80’s and realize it’s time is long past. One look at resale value should make that obvious.

Stick to audio equipment guys. Automobiles are obviously not a strong point.

You're welcome to have the final word Albert.
Post removed