Midrange Better Than Harbeth or Spendor?

I recently auditioned a pair of Harbeth SHL5's and Sendor S8's and was really impressed with the mids on both of these speakers. I was wondering if folks out there who have first hand experience could recommend other speakers that equal or surpass these two in the midrange. Thank you.
bcollins
The Ambience ribbons have a fantastically natural sounding midrange-with oodles of resolution and image precision too-and I am a "BBC sound" fan.I used Tangent RS4 and Rogers Export Monitors for years.
In my opinion a good wide range ribbon is more tonally natural than a good electrostat-but most stats are still very good compared to the vast majority of box speakers.
The old B&W DM70 hybrid stats have superb midrange.
I would find an old pair of Spendor BC1 or BC3. I had a pair of SP8, and the BC3 stock had better midrange, but BC3 modded made the SP8 sound unrealistic.

I had a pair of Proac Resp 3.5 that were better than the SP8, esp in the midrange but also much better in the bass.

If you're not into modding the BC1 will probably have the best midrange you'll find.

Old Rogers Studio 1 should also be considered. Or Celestion SL700 if you can find a pair.
I'm a bit surprised that no one's yet mentioned Quad. I've never owned Harbeth/Spendor, but at audition I've admired both brands' mid-band a lot, but have always ended up going for more full-range alternatives. Same deal with the (older) Quads I've tested.

And, slightly off thread:

To my ear, part of the mid band appeal of all these speakers MIGHT be due to their octave to octave balance - gently rolled at both ends. I say this because so many speakers with this balance strike me as having remarkable mid-bands. In addition to the older Quads, you could add Lipinski, older Sonus Faber, and many single driver models to this list. This effect is also sometimes evident to me on speakers where only the total energy below the mid band is rolled relative to the mids and extended high end. I'm thinking about older Pro-Acs and Merlins here. You may be picking up on this, too.

Marty
I am a planar speaker fan but if I have to go after dynamic speakers, I definitely like Spendor and Harbeth monitors. I would also include the Stirlings Totems in the same league. But since your questions was on better midrange, then the original Quads and Apogee Stages would have better midrange than the aforementioned speakers.

GD
Original Quad ESL 57's have as fine a midrange as I've heard. The closest non-planar I've heard would include the ATCs and Harbeths. Of the Spendor range, the SP100 is stronger in the mids than the S8's but also more pricey. One other speaker that did enough in the mids for me to vote with my wallet were the Mordaunt-Short Performance 6's - very transaparent and seamless integration of the mids with upper and lowr frequencies.