Mobile Fidelity OML-1 - Any thoughts/opinions?

I'm looking for some new monitors and am considering the Mobile Fidelity OML-1. Anyone out there own them or perhaps have auditioned them lately?

Many thanks,

John
jpstereo
I didnt see a sales pitch either. A sales pitch is, and there on sale right now, I can ship some to you today, try my products product its better in the benifit or that benifit,etc. All I saw was a audiogon member making comparisons to speakers he's heard, which if he is a dealer will probably be what he sells. How does this differ from anyone? We recommend what weve heard. Of course he's going to bring up items he sells. I think its pretty rude to bring him down, even if he WAS making a sales pitch, isnt that his job? He WOULDNT BE MUCH OF A SALESMAN OR HAVE A BUISINESS IF HE DIDNT. Isnt it also good to give feedback and answer questions one might have and help guide someone to the right product. If he didnt believe in his products he would go out of buisiness.Anyway, I read this and wanted to comment. Feel free to go through all my posts and count the I, me, and mines. You must have alot of spare time.
Here I am , owning a pair of OML-1s.
First have to say that I did not find a sales pitch in that response.
OMLs are clear and musical in the midrange maybe a little bit laid back in the upper end (perhaps this is because my Roksans) the bass is excellent for their size but you may want to have a small sub to support them.

The sound stage in my system improved BIG time when I connected a power amp and started to biamp. I use Roksan Caspians to feed OMLs.

In two words : Excellent soundtage, very musical and natural sounding.

If someday you are in Chicago,do not hesitate to drop a message and bring your cds and SACDs. my doors are open for an audition. I guess that a second opinion will help me to improve my system.
We all should have fun and respect each other in this hobby.
PEACE
I found nothing untoward in the origianl response by audiooracle. No selling going on from my viewpoint.

Am another owner of OML-1s. Very pleased with them after about 24 hours of listening. Music Direct is selling the demo units for a great price at the moment. I picked up a set of the polished walnut and the fit & finish is spectacular. The sound is very good to start with and I expect it to get better with time. Being demo units, although there is not a mark or mar on them, I assume they've had some play before and don't expect too much change. Driving them with a BAT/McIntosh tube setup. Thus far I am very pleased. I find them especially smooth with excellent top-end extension. The smoothness speaks to a good integration of the drivers and crossover. I listen primarily to jazz with some classical/opera/blues tossed in. Thus far they have done a excellent job with folks like Miles Davis and John Scofield. Excellent imagining and sound-stage. They are being backed on the bottom end by a powered 10" sub. Other monitors I've owned are Paradigm's Studio 20s & 40s, Soliloquy 5s, Krell Resolution 3s and Yamaha NS-500s. Overall, I prefer the presentation of the OML-1s. They seem a bit 'faster', which is my preferred sound. At the $699 I paid I am quite happy.
Music Direct has stopped making and selling the speakers, which explains their selling off demo units. They're decent little speakers.
In regards to the discussion about the sales pitch above, I did not notice one either. I would rather have someone responding to ads that has experience with components at or near that price range no matter what their affiliation to any brand. It is incumbent on me to do my homework before I buy, this just gives me a good place to start. Audiiofeil ahould not mention "ethics" when trashing another member who is apparently trying to help. BTW, the one doing the trashing directly emailed me a sales pitch after I recently started a thread on used monitors. I find it disgusting that he would condemn any other members behavior based on the way he conducted himself with me. He is not "waiting for the customer to come to him" as Ozzy stated above. Unfortnately for him he chased me away.