Anything as " fast" as SPECTRAL gear?

(My 90's vintage still sounds good with very good (no -exceptional) isolation and conditioning. (Sound Application, Equitech & MIT). SPECTRAL claims faster today. OK. Mid 90's hot cars went 205-210, todays 210-220. Does it make any difference to the music?
ptss
02-05-15: Jmcgrogan2
Spectral gear is about as fast as anything I've ever heard, as in I couldn't get out of the room fast enough. ;^)

That is why it is often mated with slow, rolled off cables, like MIT, to balance the sound.
I would not take his word, ask Him if he ever owned spectral equipment before, or if he has ever used other cables with spectral in his home?, I doubt it!
Zd. " we can only focus on so much". Couldn't agree more. One simply has to look Much Music videos to confirm visually. I think music alone can be just as busy.
"XXX brand is 'fast' and that makes it better" is just so much marketing hype. I find that threads like this have little to do with listening to music and more to do with wanting to fall in love with gear based on notions that some company puts forth to grab potential buyers. You plant an idea in someone's head, some meaningful percentage of folks will perceive that artifact due to the power of suggestion.

Listen for the similarity, or lack thereof, to real music and not to claims, features, specs, et al. You'll be much happier and less frustrated, if happiness with your system is the goal. Course, some folks are drawn to a perpetual state of stress.....
I appreciate your comments Audiolabrinth. Interesting how some can make offhand comments about gear with information that "just comes to them" or have a bias for or against different manufacturers -- that they feel just 'has to be announced'. Perhaps more music would relax and refresh :-). I'll toast that idea.
"03-04-15: Omsed
"XXX brand is 'fast' and that makes it better" is just so much marketing hype. I find that threads like this have little to do with listening to music and more to do with wanting to fall in love with gear based on notions that some company puts forth to grab potential buyers. You plant an idea in someone's head, some meaningful percentage of folks will perceive that artifact due to the power of suggestion."

It seems to me that most of us are trying to describe speed as we hear it. I don't know how that equates to marketing hype, other than to try and avoid it. If you look back to some of the earlier posts, Csontos asked for a subjective description/definition of speed, and I suspect that most of us are just trying to answer that question.