Rockport Mira and Mira Monitors

Anyone listened? I listened to the Mira's, but the Monitor is apparently new. Anyone seen or heard them yet?

Really nice sounding stuff, albeit expensive as heck. Miras are $13500, the new monitor is $5800.

Just curious if there are any Rockport owners out there, or if anyone is looking purchasing.
jc51373
Value is yet to be determined :-)
$10K for some might be a newer car, for others it may be a new speaker system. I'm hoping that Rockports entry level speaker wont cost as much as a new (to me) car.
Cheers!
...is that the Monitor will hold down cost mainly by sacrificing at the bottom end and the ability to play loud. (The Rockport Mira versus Mira Grand, which costs almost $30,000, seem to differ largely on those two dimensions.) I found the Mira to be splendid in all respects, so if my guess is right, the Monitor should still be an excellent choice. An exception would be if you have a large room.
Man am I embarrased, I see the msrp in the original post! Wow if my hearing is as bad as my vision, well I guess I could save a pile of money.
Anyway, can't wait to hear 'em.
Cheers
I heard the Rockport Antares speakers at the Stereophile show in 2002 on Halcro amps.
Those speakers were phenomenal
Amazing midrange and bass.
The cabinet is gorgeous.
Here's a pic of them with the Rix Rax stands.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_2/images/he2002_1_rockport.jpg
They are going to be in transit to certain dealers very soon. My dealer told me two to three weeks and that was over a week ago. So it should be soon. I may bring my DAC in there and give em a listen.