Rockport Mira and Mira Monitors

Anyone listened? I listened to the Mira's, but the Monitor is apparently new. Anyone seen or heard them yet?

Really nice sounding stuff, albeit expensive as heck. Miras are $13500, the new monitor is $5800.

Just curious if there are any Rockport owners out there, or if anyone is looking purchasing.
jc51373
...is that the Monitor will hold down cost mainly by sacrificing at the bottom end and the ability to play loud. (The Rockport Mira versus Mira Grand, which costs almost $30,000, seem to differ largely on those two dimensions.) I found the Mira to be splendid in all respects, so if my guess is right, the Monitor should still be an excellent choice. An exception would be if you have a large room.
Man am I embarrased, I see the msrp in the original post! Wow if my hearing is as bad as my vision, well I guess I could save a pile of money.
Anyway, can't wait to hear 'em.
Cheers
I heard the Rockport Antares speakers at the Stereophile show in 2002 on Halcro amps.
Those speakers were phenomenal
Amazing midrange and bass.
The cabinet is gorgeous.
Here's a pic of them with the Rix Rax stands.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_2/images/he2002_1_rockport.jpg
They are going to be in transit to certain dealers very soon. My dealer told me two to three weeks and that was over a week ago. So it should be soon. I may bring my DAC in there and give em a listen.
Ok, something I want to ad to this thread now as grow more and more serious about buying these speakers..If you were looking to create a simpler more refined system, I say simpler in the context of what I own now-a 400cx Krell, VTL Tube Preamp, B&W 805s monitor. So....If one were to want to go in the direction of say an Inegrated Amp, or a tubed based amp.integrated, what would the Rockport owners out there recommend for this? In other words, do Rockports have a particular brand of SS or Tube they pair well with?

Ultimately in a system like this, I would want midrange that is just simply sweet as sugar and lots of extension, lively and defined in the highs but not overly bright, and had the ability to go fairly loud. Although, I find myself listening to less and 'loud' music per sei, but like to know it is available to me for the occasional wild mood swing. I am not expecting a monitor of any sort to wow me with Bass, this is something I am willing to let go of-a little.