what's under your Parsifals?

I am enjoying a new pair of Parsifal Encores, using the standard brass cones that come w/ the speaker.

Wondering what you use under your Parsifal? some I've seen use the Stillpoint platform, some Symposium, but I'm also wondering if just changing out the standard brass spikes with something like the audiopoints will make a nice improvement? i'm looking for a cheap tweak now, with a plan to save for a better shelf or platform later...

steve
128x128dennis_the_menace
I'm going to be using a set of (very) hardwood blocks (1.75" thick) under the speaker to see if the bass can be tightened up as it's on a suspended floor. The spikes go directly on this. I also found that Verity will sell the new aluminum plinth used in the Ovations to Parsifal owners, and they're a touch less expensive than the Svelte, I believe ( & better looking IMO).

Boneman: can you post a picture of your speakers on their Apex feet? What kind of floor are they on? It would seem the Apex feet would do their best on a slab floor. Just curious.
JB, I tried recently tilting the Verities forward using the spikes and experienced an increase in richness and bass warmth. Definitely worth trying for all Verity owners. I imagine the effect depends a great deal on your listening height.

Randy
Randy,

What kind of angle were you able to create? I was only able to get 0.7mm higher in the back than the front - or about 1.5 degrees (if my trig is right) across the speaker. I think twice that might be really interesting to try.

What I found by doing this was an increase in the height of the sound stage by about 1.5-2ft. I also raised the speakers on a 2" stand made of solid, heavy and high density wood. This isolates them a little more from the suspended wood floor.

Cheers
I've got each of my Parisfals on a 3/4 inch slab of high-density fiberboard (carpet underneath over a suspended floor). The angle is such that the front of each woofer box is still angled slightly back, but not as much as before. I haven't actually measured the angle, just verified with a level that they are roughly at the same angle.

Randy
All of you guys need to try the sistrum stands, they make your speaker sound like a major update. Every thing improves from dynamic and imaging and bass and treble responses. Even the audiopoint is better than the stillpoint , since stillpoints copied the design from Starsound.