Blue Ridge Sound Engineering Speakers ???

Has anyone heard these speakers yet? http://www.blueridgesoundeng.com
hifisoundguy
All I can say is I have owned these, and for the $$$. They are frikin fabulous.
This thread is fascinating!

So $2,000 bucks a pair is the bargain basement price for speakers these days?

With a better website designer, they could raise the price by at least 20%.

I paid $1200 for my Tympani IVa's in perfect condition.

My $300 Epos speakers sound pretty good too.
Carl the tn28 is a sealed tweeter what could you do to it;)And the hi-vi woofers what are you replacing or moding the spider, basket, cone, voice coil,surrounds? Not asking how just a basic answer would be nice. Are the drivers made by hi-vi special ordered from factory with changes? If so sure would need a large order.I have used much hi-vi the costly ribbons are pretty good but the other drivers are a bit hard on my ears had to match them to each other specs where a bit off. The end result is what maters and I do wish you luck.
Hey Blue Ridge,

What is your:

Address (not a PO Box)

Phone Number

No one should expect to buy directly from someone we cannot contact in proper.

Why the weird fish thing on your website? I'm not interested in religion, I'm interested in speakers.

Thanks!
Hi Carl,

First of all, my compliments on your innovative design. In a size and price range dominated by 5" two-ways, you have certainly chosen a road less travelled.

Obviously you have paid a great deal of attention to getting a smooth on-axis frequency response, and the resulting curve attests your success in achieving your goal. I believe John Atkinson uses 1/6 octave smoothing on the curves he runs, which leaves gives very good resolution of small, relatively inconsequential response wiggles. I see virtually no such wiggles in your frequency response curve. What sort of smoothing are you using?

Can you tell me where the crossover is between your midranges and the tweeter? Are the midrange cones crossed over before they go into breakup mode?

I estimate that you probably have no more than 1/2 cubic foot internal volume for the woofer section. Given the calculated efficiency (derived from specified sensitivity and impedance), your frequency response curve shows amazing bass extension for that size box. Is that a true simulated anechoic measurement - no boundary reinforcement?

Your impulse response and phase response curves are something of a mystery to me. If one is correct, I don't see how the other can be. The impulse response shows obvious arrival time differences and phase rotation between drivers, which isn't reflected in the phase response curve. Can you shed any light on this?

Thank you and best of luck with your venture,

Duke